We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mobay trip..what to pack...

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
miami fl
Level Contributor
82 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
mobay trip..what to pack...

me and the hubby going to ssb next week (excited) but i want to make sure i am bringing evrything i need, we are only going for 4days dough any suggestions on what to pack besides the essentials..thanks very much guys..

IA
Level Contributor
871 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mobay trip..what to pack...

Pack everything you want. Then remove half of it because you will never wear it.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mobay trip..what to pack...

Agree with previous post. For four days, you could almost get away with carry on only.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mobay trip..what to pack...

ya...pack and then remove half of your clothing...you don't wear it. Casual is the way to go. Pack breathable clothing....linen, cotton, silks. It's HOT there.

Bring stronger SPF sunscreen than you think you will need.

Bring lots of bathing suits. Enjoy!

Waterford, NY
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: mobay trip..what to pack...

We're at SRC right now. It has gotten HOT HOT HOT here in the last couple of days... bathing suits and really light stuff, and not much of it!

Humid as hell also, if you step away from the beach

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,328 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mobay trip..what to pack...

Yes on the sunscreen I used 90SPF (reapplied hourly) and was burnt by the end of the day. If you have room you may want to bring bottled water if not included at hotel. Earplugs if staying near airport.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,848 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mobay trip..what to pack...

I do carry-on only for my trips which are generally longer than 2 weeks.

It is possible to wash things if needed :)

miami fl
Level Contributor
82 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mobay trip..what to pack...

thano much you guys i am only planning to bring carry on but i guess i'll have to go buy more bathing suits..lol...

Wells, MN
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mobay trip..what to pack...

We went middle of Feb and just took carry on, we there for three nights, the dresses I wear at night travel well they can be rolled and don't wrinkle, my husband's shirt etc, were a little harder had to be carefull how i packed them, but basic would be probably 1 swimsuit each, a couple of t-shirt and a pair of shorts for day time, and depending on where you are staying, night wear. Took three dress shirt for my husband, 1 pair of dress pants, 1 pair of dress shoes for him. I had two pairs of heels and three dresses No problem mon! We actually probably could have gotten everything into one carryon, but ours our small carryons.

miami fl
Level Contributor
82 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mobay trip..what to pack...

thanks very much for the tips "bythedozencheaper" i will take that in acount :)

10. Re: mobay trip..what to pack...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 05:18