We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell phone rental w/ Reggae Tours ?

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cell phone rental w/ Reggae Tours ?

I've read that Reggae Tours offers a cell phone rental service. We are strongly considering using them. Just wondering if anyone else has used them for this service alone?

I know they offer transfer service, but our transfers came with our package through Apple Vacations. Any thoughts or info on thid would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

IA
Level Contributor
873 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cell phone rental w/ Reggae Tours ?

They do not offer cell phone only services. You have to book transfers with it.

Matt

Edited: 19 March 2010, 00:03
Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cell phone rental w/ Reggae Tours ?

We are staying at the Iberostar R.H Suites. Any suggestion where we might rent a cell phone ?

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cell phone rental w/ Reggae Tours ?

the only 'rentals' I know of are from drivers when you use their services. If not you buy one....$50.00 gives you a cheap digicel with sim card and some minutes.

IA
Level Contributor
873 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cell phone rental w/ Reggae Tours ?

I purchased a unlocked quad band phone on ebay and buy a SIM when I get to JA. There are dealers everywhere. Otherwise do as WR said and purchase all when you get there. Digicel offers a prepaid service. If you dont use all the minutes just give the SIM card to one of the staff and they will use the rest of the minutes.

Matt

Montego Bay
Level Contributor
637 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cell phone rental w/ Reggae Tours ?

You can buy a local phone car]d like JusTalk

for more info vist link below rates are in Jamaican

www.time4lime.com/country_sub.jsp…

All the Us Celluar phone providers offer service to Jamaica, Check the cost to be upgraded to international roaming which could be alot less than renting a cellphone.

6. Re: Cell phone rental w/ Reggae Tours ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2010, 07:17