We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Montego Bay...Just Returned!

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Level Contributor
144 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Montego Bay...Just Returned!

We just returned from an incredible stay at Sandals Montego Bay......Any questions??? We stayed in the Butler Bay Roc Villas one Bedroom Suite...

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Montego Bay...Just Returned!

Glad you had a great trip!

MN
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Montego Bay...Just Returned!

We will be at SMB on April 12th!

Did you have any trouble getting/finding a beach chair with some shade?

Did you do any excursions in Mo' Bay?

Anything we should not miss out on at SMB?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Level Contributor
144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Montego Bay...Just Returned!

If you have a butler, he or she will reserve you a spot of your choice with a palapa for the week or days you are there. If no butler, you can still get a shaded spot....just try to be out on beach by 830 or so. Throw a beach bag, towels and a book where you want to sit and no one will bother it. We sat by the beach bar and grill and it was nice to be close to drinks and snacks! We never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a drink by the way! There are plenty of beach chairs in the sun.....no need to reserve those!

Don't miss out on the Oleander Restaurant. Very nice.....Men must wear long pants and closed toe shoes, but ladies are ok with sandals. It is on the beach...air conditioned...all tables have a view of the ocean. We ate at all the restaurants during our stay though and all of the food was very good!

We left the resort twice. Once to do River Tubing on the Great River. This was just ok, but this was mainly due to lack of rain and the river was quite low and calm. We have done this exursion before when the river was higher and it was much more exilerating! We also hired a driver for a few hours to take us around Montego Bay, downtown, the craft market, Margaritaville. That was very informative and we had a blast!

Overall...an awesome trip! We cannot believe the negative reviews. It just does not match up with our experience and overall impression of the resort. You will not be dissapointed!

MN
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Montego Bay...Just Returned!

Thank you!!

We can't wait!!

shhhitsasecret
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Montego Bay...Just Returned!

Glad you had a fantastic trip. We will be both there and SN in April . I do have a question for you.....Do they have different apparel events each night, such as "white night" "black night" and "beach night". I have seen the mentioned before but was not sure if SMB did this too?

18 more days til the plane lands.......can't wait!!!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Level Contributor
144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Montego Bay...Just Returned!

The only theme nights they had our week at Sandals Montego Bay was "White Night" and one night for wearing wrap skirts....On white night we dressed in white, but there was a ton of guests who did not! One of the problems is that we did not know until we got there that there was a white night at all. The hotel was pushing to have guests buy white clothing from the gift shop for the night, but I don't think too many did. For "wrap skirt" night I only saw a few people in wrap skirts. Enjoy your time there! We can't wait to go back!

shhhitsasecret
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Montego Bay...Just Returned!

Great, thank you! We have been to Sandals before but don't remember them having any special night, I appreciate the info!!!!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Montego Bay...Just Returned!

Did you find that guest tended to dress up in the evening or was it casual?

Do you know if they provide transportation to the hip stip in the evening? (We love to dance and guess we'd have to go off resort to do this)?

Thanks!

Central Islip, New...
Level Contributor
131 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Montego Bay...Just Returned!

When you guys goin? We are going April 25- May2. Our 8th time and still soooooo excited!!! Man I can't wait!!!

Level Contributor
288 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Montego Bay...Just Returned!

will be at mobay [sandals[ may 12 thru 20 yipeee!!!! this is our 3rd visit