We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back From IB Rose Hall Suites

Edina
13 posts
Save Topic
Just Back From IB Rose Hall Suites

Any questions?

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back From IB Rose Hall Suites

Oh Gosh - YES!!!! Do they have connecting/adjoining rooms? DId you have any issues with the whole "reservation" issue that has been noted on the forum? What restaruants would you recommend? How was the food (in both the specialty restuarants and the buffet restaurants)? Do they serve any other beer besides Red Stripe? Thanks in advance for sharing and offereing your opinions.......

Edina
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back From IB Rose Hall Suites

Not sure about adjoining rooms, we did not need one. The reservation issue was a non-issue. We were a party of 12 and had no trouble. The Japanese was the hardest to get into, but nothing special. I thought overall the food was better than I expected as was the service. For seafood, the mediteranean was the best, and the steak at Ruby's was great. The Mexican was the least favorite. The buffet at dinner was pretty good and they had different themes each night. As far as beer, some Heiniken at the lobby and other indoor bars but they wont give you the bottle. Some were complaining that unless you see them pour it from the bottle they would try to pull a switcheroo and give you something else. Apparently a mandate from the food/beverage director.

Level Contributor
137 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back From IB Rose Hall Suites

Was the resort to full capacity? We are heading down on Monday?

Edina
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back From IB Rose Hall Suites

I heard conflicting reports. We checked out last Friday and I was told that the resort was 60% of capacity. Which I kind of believe because of the ease of getting chairs by the pool, quiet restaurants, and plenty of room at the shows. The same guy, who had just checked in, said the front desk told him the weeks either side of Easter were over-booked. Granted they could have just been giving him a line to pacify any complaints.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back From IB Rose Hall Suites

Did you go on any tours/excursions? I've heard that they have a desk for booking tours/excursions. Are the prices reasonable? What companies do they offer?

Edina
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back From IB Rose Hall Suites

We booked a day with Barrett Adventures before we left, smaller tours more personalized. We went tubing and hiking Carolyn's secret falls, never saw anyone else on our hike. Pretty cool worth the money, dealt right with Carolyn. Did not hear much from those booking from the hotel desk, other than stay away from Dunns River unless you get there when it opens.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Back From IB Rose Hall Suites

Okay. I've heard nothing but good things about Barrett Adventures. About how much are the tours? Can you book once you arrive in Jamaica or is it best to book beforehand?

Edina
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Back From IB Rose Hall Suites

100 for Adults 75 for kids...includes everything except tips and lunch. I would book ahead of time...communications can be difficult once you arrive.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Back From IB Rose Hall Suites

Thank you so much for your help!

Burlington
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply