We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Mo Bay - Heading there in May and have ?'s

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
13 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Mo Bay - Heading there in May and have ?'s

Hi, we're heading to Sandals MoBay the second week in May. I had a few questions if anyone wouldn't mind answering them, it would be greatly appreciated...

1. Should we bring cash for the side trips or traveler's checks? We want to do a catamaran cruise and the zip line and a couple more.

2. Should we book these side trips at the beginning of the trip or in the morning each day or before we leave?? Not sure how to go about doing it ahead of time.

3. Any hints on anything we should bring that you forgot or didn't think about bringing that would have been helpful?

4. Did anyone do the scuba diving?

5. It says no tipping but does everyone really not tip anyone???

Thanks for any tips!!!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Mo Bay - Heading there in May and have ?'s

I always take travelers checks and have never had any trouble cashing them there. You can use them at the tour desk to pay for your tours if you like.

I would book the tours ahead of time as they may not do them every day or they could get booked up. If you're going through the resort go to the tour desk and talk to them.

If you tip you must be very discreet because they will be fired.

New York, NY
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Mo Bay - Heading there in May and have ?'s

Thank you!!!

Foley, Alabama
Level Contributor
3 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Mo Bay - Heading there in May and have ?'s

Krim gave you great advice already!

We found that doing morning tours was best ~ at least for us. Gave us time for a quick cat nap to get us ready for the rest of the day!

You should have an absolute wonderful time - we did when we went in June of 08 and we are returning this August. Looking forward to hearing from you when ya get back!

Wells, MN
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Mo Bay - Heading there in May and have ?'s

If you are booking the trips thru the Sandals resortss they also will just add them to your bill when you check out, they will want a credit card when you register, so if can do that, but alto of cards are now adding a forigen transaction fee, so you may want to pay in cash tho the fee isn't really to bad, so depending on how you add points it depends

Level Contributor
288 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Mo Bay - Heading there in May and have ?'s

My hubby & I will be there may 12-20 when are u going? This will be our 3rd time there staying in Almond block this is a very nice quiet area but we do like to party maybe we can met up. we are in our 40's [don;t look it or act it sometimes ha ha] back to your questions we have taken cash & travelers checks never a problem but we don't put our trips on credit card don;t want a bill after vacation. but just a note do make your dinner reservations when you get there unless you have butler service they do this for you. We have never stayed in Butler service never felt me needed that. always good service at meals and bars. we will have a great time let me know thanks

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Mo Bay - Heading there in May and have ?'s

5. It says no tipping but does everyone really not tip anyone???

Please don't tip, discreetly or otherwise. You will be jeopardizing the staff members job. The only people who can receive a gratuity are the Spa staff and the butlers. The sky caps at the aiport and the shuttle drivers are not Sandals employees and would appreciate a monetary tip.

It is perfectly fine and certainly appreciated to leave a thank you card with a gift outlining why you are gifting, and the absolute best way to say thank you (other than a sincere smile and word of thanks) is to complete the online feedback form which will be sent to you after your stay.

Vista, CA
Level Contributor
749 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Mo Bay - Heading there in May and have ?'s

BDun, sent you a PM

New York, NY
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Mo Bay - Heading there in May and have ?'s

Got it. Thanks for the suggestions!!!!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Mo Bay - Heading there in May and have ?'s

tekeere, if you had suggestions that you shared with BDun, why not post them here and help everyone who may be staying there out?

Clinton, NJ
Level Contributor
183 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Mo Bay - Heading there in May and have ?'s

Hi There.

I hope that you enjoy your stay at Sandals MoBay as much as my husband and I did in June. We're returning on 5/10 for a few nights and can't wait to see all the wonderful staff members we befriended last year!

I would say to go over to the tour desk upon your arrival if there aren't too many people waiting. Kish is usually there and is incredibly nice and knows the tours inside and out. You will probably want to bring some cash with you should you decide on Dunns River and, or ziplining.

Bring more sunscreen than you think you need and don't forget headache and tummy med's should you overindulge (which is VERY likely!) :-) We also bring Bubba Keg's with us to keep our drinks cold and coffee hot. The bartenders were all happy to fill them.

All I'm going to say about tipping is that if there are individuals that go above and beyond (we met several), you MUST be discrete about it. You might want to take a few cards and envelopes with you and present a gift to each person with a note.

Have a wonderful time!!