We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Beach Resort Recommendations - PLEASE HELP!

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Monroe, LA
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Beach Resort Recommendations - PLEASE HELP!

We are a couple in our 40's traveling with a family group (ages 5 to 50 plus) to this resort the first week in July. We have never been to Jamaica and rely heavily on trip advisor recommendations. If anyone has been to this resort could you please offer us some tips as to how to make this trip enjoyable for us. We would like to be able to find a quiet spot (if possible) with some shade for my husband (preferably near a bar with some decent service). We would like a quiet room that is ocean front. We like a more relaxed party atmosphere - hubby loves Jimmy Buffett. We would probably make at least one trip to the Hip Strip to see what it has to offer. We both love to snorkel and love good food. Any suggestions regarding rooms, outings, what not to miss, etc. would be GREATLY appreciated. THANKS!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Beach Resort Recommendations - PLEASE HELP!

It has been a long time since I was there so won't offer much about the resort. The snorkeling is good right off the beach. The coral comes very near the surface. If you get out to 10-15 feet deep you will see a lot. As for Jimmy Buffett go to Margaritaville during the day. At night they different music. We stayed in the towers the times we went, twice on the north side(sea view), once each on the east(could see both the sea and the bay) and south(looking toward the bay)

baltimore
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Beach Resort Recommendations - PLEASE HELP!

we stayed on ocean view and bay view sides, bay view is quiet more then ocean..when you walk thru go to far left beach for more quiet and close to resort and bar.it also has trees to sit under and a few huts, also not to far from pool bar.beach on far right has a beach bar also but not to much shade.some umbrellas around pool but wont be quiet.when in hip strip we always go to bobsled cafe for pizza which isnt to bad.our family ranged from 9 to 52 and we didnt have to worry about the small ones there.plenty of security and childs program for real small ones

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
226 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Beach Resort Recommendations - PLEASE HELP!

Please see my review I posted a few minutes ago, titled Sunset Beach vs. Starfish Trelawny. We are veteran Jamaica travelers.

John and Jane

Dunedin, Florida

West Monroe, LA
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Beach Resort Recommendations - PLEASE HELP!

Thanks for the feedback. As far as obtaining a quiet room, I have a question . . if I am unable to get a room in the east inn section, would I be better off trying for the west inn, or the top floors of Tower A or B? Also, I am thinking about doing "Glistening Waters". Can anyone recommend the best way to arrange this? Also, the distance involved from Sunset Beach? Thanks!!!!!

5. Re: Sunset Beach Resort Recommendations - PLEASE HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2010, 05:16