We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Cost From Montego Bay to Negril

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
15 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation Cost From Montego Bay to Negril

Were going to Montego Bay in June, and I was wondering if anyone knew an estimate of how much it may cost to take a taxi of 4 people to Negril for the day and back? I have family who is going to be in Negril while we are in Montego Bay, and they wanted us to come up there to do the Rhodes Hall Plantation Cruise from Wild Thing Water Sports. I know it is about an hour and a half drive from what I have read, but just wondering how much it will cost us to get there. Also, anyone have any suggestions on a good taxi or transportation company that could get us there?

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Island Transfer and Tours - Day Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Day Trips
PPP Tran Tours Jamaica
Boat Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Your Jamaican Tour Guide
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours
Byron's Jamaica Tours
River Rafting & Tubing, Boat Tours, Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,292 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation Cost From Montego Bay to Negril

Check with Alfred: http://alfredstaxi.dpi-hq.com/

or Chicken: http://www.chickensmagicbus.com/

:)

IA
Level Contributor
879 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation Cost From Montego Bay to Negril

I would recommend Reggae-Tours. They are a great transportation company located in MB. They come highly recommended by many. See their reviews on TA.

www.reggae-tours.com

connellgregg@yahoo.com

I have used them many times at everytime has been a great experience.

Matt

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation Cost From Montego Bay to Negril

Can you give me an idea of what is an exceptable tip for a company like Regge Tours for Airport Transfers to Rose Hall ??

Thanks

atlanta
Level Contributor
183 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation Cost From Montego Bay to Negril

Tips for cabs are about the same as in the states, about 20%

Cabs can be rented for the whole day for $150 with the driver acting as a tour guide. Be nice and buy him lunch and or dinner if you stop for meals.

This is an affordable way for a group of 4 to go to Negril for the day. If your going on a cruise just tell the driver to come back and pick you up afterwards. This allows you to see other places in Negril or stop for sightseeing along the way back to Montego Bay. Considering a pickup/dropoff cab will charge $50-$75 from MoBay to Negril this is a good option.

we met a driver for toursmontegobay.com named Trevon his e-mail is toursjam@yahoo.com

5. Re: Transportation Cost From Montego Bay to Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2010, 05:16