We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDMB Questions

London,Ontario
Level Contributor
256 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
RDMB Questions

Going to RDMB June 19-26th and have a few questions.

1) Is there a resort map online anywhere?

2) Which rooms are the best? My wife has a bad knee and we are looking for a room close to everything so she doesn’t have to walk much.

3) Have read on some reviews that the elevators don’t work some times. Is this true?

4) Which email address works best for making requests.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,642 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RDMB Questions

I haven't seen a resort map anywhere. The place isn't really big enough to need one.

You will probably want to request a room on e the first or second floor of the newer building. They are a little closer to everything. Even if you got the second floor, it's not really that bad climbing the steps (I've had a bad knee for years and just had it replaced in November, but haven't had too many problems with the steps).

The elvator is hit and miss. I know they replaced it a year or so ago, but can't say for sure if service has improved or not.

lsinclair@decameronjam.com

I have been told that's a good email address to use. I have never used that one myself. If you have problems, let me know and I'll give you another one.

Any other questions, please ask.

London,Ontario
Level Contributor
256 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RDMB Questions

Thanks. She is waiting for a replacement now. That's why we picked this resort because of its small size.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,642 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RDMB Questions

I would email and request a first floor room. The newer building is closer to everything. That being said, the resort isn't that big, so even if you got the older building, it's not that much of a walk. And if you got the second floor, it wouldn't be too bad. Third and fourth floor can be a bit much if the elevator isn't working.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
638 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RDMB Questions

We just returned home yesterday from the RDMB. We were in Room 14 of the two story building. Our room was very quiet. But, maybe a little further than you would like to walk with mobility problems. We had friends who stayed in room 206 of the four story building. They were not happy, they told us the noise was so bad that they had to turn their TV up loud and could still not drown out the noise. Maybe the ground floor is not that noisy.

Have a great vacation. We loved the resort.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,642 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RDMB Questions

Just curious about the noise. Where is it coming from? I have heard the the beach next door now has parties at night and they can get loud. Was this where the noise was coming from or from the resort itself? The place gets pretty quiet after the shows end, about 10:30 from what I remember.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
638 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RDMB Questions

I guess it is coming from the Resort entertainment stage.

We never heard a sound in our room. I guess everyone to his own taste as far as entertainment goes, but I spoke to a few people that left as soon as the house band started to play. I guess they were pretty loud an according to those I spoke to, not that good.

IA
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RDMB Questions

I was in Room 110 about 4 weeks ago. Great location. Was never bothered by any noise. During the day we were part of the noise so maybe that is why. After 6pm it was quiet.

Matt

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,642 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RDMB Questions

Unless they've changed, the house band is usually pretty good. The shows can be hit and miss, but not too bad. It can be a bit loud down in the corner rooms by the stage, but it doesn't go on real late.

montreal
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: RDMB Questions

I found the best way to get a room request was to call the hotel directly one week before departure. The phone number is 1-876-952-4340, ask for reservations and tell them which room(s) you would like. This way it is recorded in the computer as you speak and no middle man is involved that could misplace or ignore your request. Having been to this resort many times I also disagree with the noise. Once the stage show is finished everyone heads to their rooms, the Hip Strip or Disco. The Disco is not at all noisy. You can walk by it and barely hear anything. The noise is coming from the public beach beside the hotel or is echoing from another resort. I would ask for the 1st floor. Any room is good considering your wife's condition. I also agree the elevator is hit and miss.

belleville
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RDMB Questions

I have no faith in phoning ahead of time, the front desk staff does exactly as they please, they will not and do not "guarantee" any requests. You are more apt to have your requests looked after, if you make the request along with your reservation, at least then you have something in writing. I also recommend the email that Anod mentioned, his name is Lee Sinclair and he is by far one of the more dpendable guest service managers. I am looking for his card, if I find it, I will post his direct line at the RDMB as well.