We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jamaica Cruise Adventures (Karandas Tours)

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jamaica Cruise Adventures (Karandas Tours)

Anyone know anything about this group?

I am intrested in doing 2 day trips from MO Bay

(A) Y.S. Falls, Appleton Rum Estates, Black River Safari and Floyd's Pelican Bar

(B) Greenwood Great House, Rose Hall Great House and Martha Brea's rafting excursion

Any thoughts?

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jamaica Cruise Adventures (Karandas Tours)

Hadn't heard of them before(there are many out there), but they seem ok. I'd do a search on here get and a few more names of tour companies or drivers and compare prices. It looks like they are based out of Ocho Rios so don't know if prices will be a little higher because you are staying in Montego Bay. I'd compare before I booked with them.

San Antonio, Texas
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jamaica Cruise Adventures (Karandas Tours)

Thanks for the reply.

They quoted me $240 US for two person trip only no entry fees for trip A and $90 for trip B. Reading others posts and web links to different outfitters this does not seem bad. But then again, I understand you can go 50km on a route taxi or bus for $2 US......

Is that safe and how complicated is this to do?

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jamaica Cruise Adventures (Karandas Tours)

Price doesn't seem too bad.

Have never taken a route taxi and really don't plan on it any time soon.

IA
Level Contributor
871 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jamaica Cruise Adventures (Karandas Tours)

I would recommend Reggae Tours. There are many reviews of them of TA. Click the hot link.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

www.reggae-tours.com

connellgregg@yahoo.com

I have used Gregg and his team many times. They have always been awesome.

Matt

Edited: 25 May 2010, 02:15
Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jamaica Cruise Adventures (Karandas Tours)

My biggest concern about Karandas Tours would be the lack of reviews or information available on them. Don't know if they're reliable, what kinds of vehicles they use, etc. They may cater more to the cruise lines and have reviews on the cruise web pages.

I wouldn't hesitate to use Reggae tours. I've heard good things about them from more than one person.

Jasper AL
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Jamaica Cruise Adventures (Karandas Tours)

Don't know if this is too late, but we booked with Karandas Tours and they were wonderful. Picked us up on time and waited because some of the group was late. We went horseback riding and to Dunn's River Falls. Bailey, the driver, was very informative. Dwight, owner?, was amazing. We left a camera on the van and they returned it to the hotel.

Jasper AL
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Jamaica Cruise Adventures (Karandas Tours)

I couldn't find reviews except on their review page and I looked people up to verify. We had a party of 9 which decreased to 8 and were picked up in an a/c van. Take a leap of faith and go with this tour company. I did and we all loved it.

8. Re: Jamaica Cruise Adventures (Karandas Tours)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2010, 06:17