We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Bound in July--Ideas, tips, must-do fun...

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Palladium Bound in July--Ideas, tips, must-do fun...

Hello all,

My boyfriend just booked our trip to the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort in Jamaica. We began looking at this resort last year. After searching and narrowing down, we ended right back at the Palladium. We are so excited! We wanted to get advice on some things. What are some of the main items you should pack? We've read that we definitely should bring our own mugs for fast drinks, and tipping the service attendants.

Any ideas, tips, and must-do activities we'd love to hear about. We already have the Dune Falls, Rick's Cafe, Magaritaville on our "Must-Do" list.......Thanks for any and all suggestions you can give.

Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
59 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium Bound in July--Ideas, tips, must-do fun...

My boyfriend and i have booked a vacation in Jamaica. I have been doing tons of research on different activities. I'm big on looking at reviews as well. We are going to try out the ziplining. I have found a couple different place but we will be going with Zipline Adventure Jamaica Tour....Look at the reviews....there were hardly any bad reviews. We are also going to check out the glistening waters tour. I had no idea what this was when my boyfriend mentioned he wanted to do this. If you going to Yahoo and type in Glistening Waters Tour Jamaica it will be like the second or third link. Its pretty facinating looking....Looked up reviews on Rick's Cafe and we actually decided to skip this place...

Downingtown, PA
Level Contributor
420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium Bound in July--Ideas, tips, must-do fun...

I have to respectively disagree...we've been to Jamaica 6 times, planning our 7th time right now.

Rick's is a must do for us.

It is an amazing bar and an out of this world atmosphere.

Nothing you'll find anywhere else.

My husband has jumped from the cliff (won't do again!)

Spider who is a cliff diver remembered my daughter from 3 years previous.

It's a bit of a ride, but I'd recommend it absolutely.

BTW, we've done Dunn's River (highly recommend) and have been to Ocho Rios, and many times in Montego Bay.

Rick's is definately a cool experience. Yes, the drinks cost but you're on vacation!

Memphis
Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium Bound in July--Ideas, tips, must-do fun...

Just came back from GP last week, and I did post a review. There were several pros and cons......but overall we had a good time. Yes, you can take your own drink mugs....so your drink will last longer....and the food was pretty good. You will enjoy the Lady Hamilton side as it is closest to the beaches (man-made.) We snorkeled everyday....and it was pretty good...not the best I've done in Jamaica....but I think you will have a good time. If you have any guestions...feel free to contact me....and my review will be posted in the next 24-48 hours. Have a great time.

Atlanta
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium Bound in July--Ideas, tips, must-do fun...

Thanks so much Karen. I can't wait to read your post! I joined the Palladium Addicts website which gives tons over tons of reviews, pictures, pros, cons, and even what villas are the best to stay in. If we end up having a great time, then we will be using this resort as our location for our future Jamaica trips. In case your intersted the website is:

www.palladiumaddict.net

I'm sure many who are there would appreciate any immediate feedback. Plus Dimitri, who is the general manager responds back, and tries to fix or adjust based on authentic concerns.

Again looking forward to hearing all about your tirp.

Edited: 14 July 2010, 21:50
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium Bound in July--Ideas, tips, must-do fun...

We will be there in August - how much does the zipline tour cost and also the Glistening Water excursion cost per person?

While I think we will have our share of drinks and partying (I'm celebrating my 50th, and my son's 21st and 25th birthdays - all virgos!)

would love to see jamaica's nature side as well.

6. Re: Grand Palladium Bound in July--Ideas, tips, must-do fun...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2011, 05:16