We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally booked, decided on RDMB!

london, england
Level Contributor
81 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Finally booked, decided on RDMB!

After a long time deciding we finally booked RDMB! Have been to Mobay before but not RDMB. We are a couple in our late 20's and want to make the most of our week holiday in Jamaica, we will be arriving 2nd November. We plan to do a LOT of excursions, Negril for the day, Dunns river falls, ATV's, Zip lining, river tubing, luminous lagoon and hopefully the pelican bar. Can anyone advise as to weather we will be best booking via the hotel or with our tour operator (virgin). Also what excursions are near to each other in order to maybe squeeze them into the same day? Any any any advice on hotel and excursions is VERY gratefully received!

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally booked, decided on RDMB!

congrats...solid choice. I would hire a driver for the day and then you can do whatever you wish. November should be nice weather if the hurricanes are over.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally booked, decided on RDMB!

Congrats on RDMB. I think you'll like it. I know we do.

You could probably do the ATV's, zip lining, and river rafting all in the same day and maybe follow it with the Luminous Lagoon. Or you might be able to do Dunn's and then the lagoon. You might be able to do Pelican bar and then Negril in the same day. You are trying to pack a lot into a week, but it can be done.

If you have particular day s you want to do things, it might be best to book ahead. Otherwise, I'd wait until I was there, see what you feel like doing and then book.

What advice are you looking for in regards to the resort?

IA
Level Contributor
871 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally booked, decided on RDMB!

I would book my trips with Reggae-tours. They are a great company.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147311-d1…

www.reggae-tours.com

connellgregg@yahoo.com

Matt

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally booked, decided on RDMB!

Nice clean resort with a great staff. Great place to stay if you are planning lots of trips. I would hire a driver for Negril or falls. You can't hire a private driver for the Zip line. We just booked that when we got there at the tour desk. It was SO worth it tons of fun!!

london, england
Level Contributor
81 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally booked, decided on RDMB!

Thanks for all the replies so far.

I'm so excited, cant believe i've still got so long to wait!

anod1... Just curious if we should request certain rooms? (are some better than others). Does the non buffet restaurant need to be booked? Any nice cocktails we might not have tried? And maybe anything else you think we need to no or it may be good to no?

Also last time we was in Mobay we ventured out to Margaritaville a couple of nights ( it actually wasnt very good, very empty), just wondered if there was a best night or time to go at)? Also wanted to try pier1 this time, what is it like?

Many thaks guys!x

Edited: 21 July 2010, 13:33
CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally booked, decided on RDMB!

you can request a certain room but you'll get whatever they give you :) lol

Yes you have to reserve at the alacarte. Enjoy!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally booked, decided on RDMB!

You can email the resort and request a specific room, but chances are better of just asking for a general location. We like the new building, about mid building, ground floor. But you might like the same, but second or third floor. Some people really like the older building, but we didn't like it. We spent two nights there and asked to be moved. Each has it's benefits though.

There are lots of cocktails to try. They have a drink board you can follow or just ask for what you want. Hummingbirds and dirty banana's are a must. You can also just ask the bartender to give you their specialty. I've gotten many good drinks from the different bartenders and I have no idea what they are.

Margaritaville is ok. Nothing usually gets going untill at least 11PM. If you get a chance, visit Pier One on Friday night. That's usually a good time. Again, nothing ever gets going until late (usually after midnight)

8. Re: Finally booked, decided on RDMB!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 06:17