We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost Cell Phone At Iberostar Grand on or about 7/14

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
home
Level Contributor
263 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lost Cell Phone At Iberostar Grand on or about 7/14

We recently stayed at the Grand 7/6-14 (were upgraded from the Suites) and loved it.

On our last day, the 14th or thereabouts, my daughter lost her cell phone..I can't tell you the manufacturer but I can tell you it has Tmobile G3 service and there's a skull on the back. If anyone reading this was at the grand during that time frame and may have found this phone I would appreciate email at jumh93@gmail.com or jim.henderson@comcast.net or simply a response here.

I have notified the hotel and they have searched with no luck (but were very nice)

On the other hand I can't begin to describe how much we enjoyed our stay and have found our new "home away from home".

Thanks

Jim

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
857 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost Cell Phone At Iberostar Grand on or about 7/14

Have you made sure to suspend service to the phone so you don't get charged up the ying yang from somebody else using it?

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost Cell Phone At Iberostar Grand on or about 7/14

Sorry to tell you, but it's probably been unlocked by now and is being used by a happy Claro or Digicel customer - I would chalk it up as a loss, make sure you have notified your carrier, and let your daughter work to buy herself a replacement phone

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost Cell Phone At Iberostar Grand on or about 7/14

I agree with Suz....that phone is a gonner, just like my very expensive Bole sunglasses and prescription reading glasses I lost on an outing this past April. While it saddens me to have lost them (about $500 worth of glasses), I am certain I made the Jamaican who found them very happy, and that makes me happy. : -)

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,509 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost Cell Phone At Iberostar Grand on or about 7/14

We just had to buy a new cell phone for my daughter-hers was stolen at senior week. This place has good deals for replacements:

http://www.replaceyourcell.com/

home
Level Contributor
263 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lost Cell Phone At Iberostar Grand on or about 7/14

Yes, we cancelled service and my son works for Tmobile and we're working on a new phone for her..thanks all

Jim

channahon
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lost Cell Phone At Iberostar Grand on or about 7/14

Jhender501,

How did you get upgraded to the Grand from the Suites? My husband and I are booked at the Suites in September. Would love to go to the Grand but it was quite a bit more. Thanks in advance for your help.

7. Re: Lost Cell Phone At Iberostar Grand on or about 7/14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2011, 06:20