We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why pay for the Grand when you could just book the Suites...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Why pay for the Grand when you could just book the Suites...

I have been reading more and more about people who booked the IB Suites getting upgraded to the Grand. One of the latest reviews, states that everyone this guest spoke to during their stay was given this accommodation too. Makes me sorry I booked the Grand during a slow travel week. Worst thing that could have happened is that we paid (probably less) to upgrade upon arrival.

Boston...
Level Contributor
188 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why pay for the Grand when you could just book the Suites...

Coxy - were you upgraded to a better room upon arrival?

California
Level Contributor
444 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why pay for the Grand when you could just book the Suites...

We stayed at the Grand last year and loved it but will think twice about ever staying there again if they are giving free upgrades to the Grand to people booking at the Suites.

I do not mind if people get free upgrades like ocean front or ocean view but to get the Grand for the price of the Suites is not fair to any guest who paid for the Grand!

I hope this is not true, IB will get that reputation and many people will not pay for the Grand hoping to get a free upgrade.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why pay for the Grand when you could just book the Suites...

We are booked for December so I don't know what will happen yet but there's a big (price) difference between a room upgrade and a hotel upgrade.

New York
Level Contributor
448 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why pay for the Grand when you could just book the Suites...

Coxy, don't be sorry. Desember is not slow month. If you want to stay in The Grand -book Grand. if it is doesn't matter for you where to stay than book Suites.

Some times resorts do this promotions. But you never know when.

and if somebody book the same resort the same category of room a lot cheaper than you book, you will fill sorry to ?

5. Re: Why pay for the Grand when you could just book the Suites...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2011, 07:21