We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rose Hall Resort - AI Plan

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
74 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Rose Hall Resort - AI Plan

Hi All....I booked Rose Hall Resort & CC for my upcoming March 2006 wedding...

I have approx. 38 guests at this time booked;

but...

Some people are telling me that on their website they read that the AI Plan DOES NOT include liquor...I went on the site & it says

"All beverages (not including premium brands, liquor or wine / champagne by the bottle)"

Whats this mean? Does this mean that basically I cant have a bottle of Rum to myself or does this mean we all have to pay for the liquor we drink??

hellllpp...lol...we need the families & friends to be "jammin"...

Thanks!

Level Contributor
255 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rose Hall Resort - AI Plan

Congratulations on your wedding! You can only order local brands of wine and liquor by the glass. All premium liquors(glass or bottle) and wines by the bottle are extra.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rose Hall Resort - AI Plan

Does someone who was at Rose Hall recently have a copy of the list of what is and isn't included? I'm referring to the list they hand out at check-in.

Mentioned in this post
Rose Hall
Rose Hall
Jamaica
Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rose Hall Resort - AI Plan

When you check in they will have you sign a pink sheet that says what is included and what is "premium". Basically, premium is anything but the cheap liquor and beer. You even have to pay for bottled water here on the all inclusive plan!

On the menu in the two "fine" dining rooms there is a mark next to any entree that is premium - in Luna about an extra $15 for bad pasta and at Three Palms $38 to $48 for an okay steak.

At the pool and beach bars the drinks are served (including beer) in very small cups. I did see people with their own mugs and thermos cups getting drinks.

You also have to show your room card for any drink or food all the time. Eventually you figure out where to put in your bathing suit.

Good luck.

Level Contributor
255 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rose Hall Resort - AI Plan

Hi Clifford,

In the "fine" dining restaurants is there a lot of items that are included? When we were there a few years ago, there were only a few things that were extra - but we had no problem ordering appetizers, salad, soup, and entree and dessert in both restautant without any surcharges.

Tampa Bay
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rose Hall Resort - AI Plan

I just returned from there last week. In the Luna, there were about 4 entrees that had an upcharge, like lobster and duck. All the desserts were included and I don't recall any of the appetizers having a surcharge. They also had an antipasto table that had many appetizer choices. That was good and all included. You have many choices that don't have a surcharge. In the Three Palms, all of the steaks had a surcharge. We ate Tilapia that was excellent, pasta, seafood combo. that had monkfish, mussels, clams that was good too. Don't miss the Three Palms....it was excellent.

Most of the top shelf liquor was premium but the bartenders will tell you its premium and you will have to sign for it. If you are on the AI and do not get premium drinks, you do not sign. I got Bacardi rum in my cocktails and it was included. Captain Morgan was premium. I had no problem with the local liquor that they used in the pina coladas, etc. They usually added plenty and if you wanted more, you got more.

Tampa Bay
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rose Hall Resort - AI Plan

Forgot to mention....out by the pool and beach area every day, there were 2 big thermos coolers with cold water and fruit punch. No need to buy bottled water outside.

Level Contributor
255 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rose Hall Resort - AI Plan

Thanks Wrigleygirl,

What other choices besides seafood were included at the Palms? Also were all the steak dishes $45 extra or were there items that were $5-$7 more as stated on their website? Was champagne in the glass included?

Thanks for your help!

Tampa Bay
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rose Hall Resort - AI Plan

Hello,

Once I saw the steaks were not included, I picked something else. I couldn't tell you how much extra they were. I wouldn't pay $45.00 extra! I don't think I even paid 45.00 for a porterhouse at fine steakhouses such as Palm or Morton's. If they were $45.00 extra, I would wait for the Palm or Morton's!! The Three Palms had garlic tilapia (excellent), tri color pasta (very good), seafood platter (not extra and had clams, monkfish, mussels,etc over rice), veal dish (we didn't try) and a few others. You have at least 6-7 that are included to choose from. They also had an excellent salad with a peanut/sesame dressing. Wonderful desserts such as chocolate souffle, creme brulee and even plain ice cream. Don't miss this restaurant.

Tampa Bay
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rose Hall Resort - AI Plan

forgot about the champagne....I have no idea on that one.

Level Contributor
255 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rose Hall Resort - AI Plan

Thanks again WrigleyGirl,

I remember the pumpkin soup being really great. Did you have any trouble making multiple reservations - It states you only get a voucher for 1?