We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips to other parts of Jamaica

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
north bay ontario
Level Contributor
208 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trips to other parts of Jamaica

Hello. We are staying in Montego Bay and wanted to spend the day in Negril - maybe at another resort. Does anybody know how to arrange this and any information on how much the cost and where to go.

IA
Level Contributor
871 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trips to other parts of Jamaica

If I were doing a daytrip to Negril I would just go to the beach. There are plenty of eating and drinking establishments right there. Personally I wouldnt spend the 40-60 pp to get a daypass at a resort.

Peoria, Arizona
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trips to other parts of Jamaica

Hello,

Doing day trips are a great way to see Jamaica. You can check with the resort travel desk and do the bus trip with 3 to 40 of your closest friends! You can hire a private tour guide or you can just hire a taxi and do your own thing. Prices vary depending on which you go. All three have access to resorts in Negril with the exception of the "all Inclusive ones". When I do a day trip (RDMB), I use Zipp! Zipp, is a license "JUTA" taxi and does tours. Zipp, goes to the "Tree House" where you can use the restaurant, showers and bar, located in the middle of the seven mile beach. Just agree on a price before you start and off you go! Ask other travelers if they want to do a day trip and share the cost!

Take it nice and easy,

grac

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trips to other parts of Jamaica

I agree. just hire a driver and tell them where you want to go. If you go to Negril for the day, I wouldn't do a day pass either. I'd just do the beach. You can find cheap beers and good food just walking on the beach.

And if you want to go somewhere else on the island, just work it out with the driver. They will know where to take you.

4. Re: Day Trips to other parts of Jamaica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2011, 05:17