We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkling

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newmarket, ON
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Snorkling

We are looking for a hotel that has easy access to snorkling, preferably within walking distance as we really enjoy it. Are there any hotels in Jamaica that fit into that description?

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkling

Royal decameron has pretty good snorkeling right off their beach

st.paul,mn
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkling

Riu Club Negril, Bloody Bay

Private little bay area, with the sister hotel Riu Palce down the beach about

hmmm 2 miles- only 2 hotels in this bay area stretch.

Walk right in the water towards the roped off areas ,look for the grassy coral areas.

You will see yellow brain coral, multi colored fish, red and yellow starfish, octupus,lobsters,sea slugs and sting ray.The water is calm to float and snorkle plus at one end of the beach is a fish sanctury.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkling

Bloody Bay sounds nice but just to give you another option, Grand Palladium has pretty good snorkeling in Sunset Cove - they offer a snorkel tour as an activity on Mon, Wed and Fri.

Community of...
Level Contributor
323 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkling

Sunset Beach Resort in MoBay. Very nice rock piles (man made) and some living coral reefs right at the resort. We found it be very nice for resort snorkeling.

Strathmore, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkling

Where from the Riu is this place?

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
376 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkling

I am heading to Secrets St James. I have read many people stating that the snorkeling infront of this resort and the other half of the resort Wild Orchid have fanatsic snorkeling. I have seen a video on Youtube of someone snorkeling right infront of the resort. There are lots of starfish and even the occasional stingray.

Happy Travels

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
243 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkling

Is Secrets St. James near MB? Sorry, never been there before. I am staying at SMB and looking for good snorkeling as well.

8. Re: Snorkling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2011, 05:39