We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hairdryers, battery chargers and curling irons question...

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
eastern ontario
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Topic
Hairdryers, battery chargers and curling irons question...

can i plug these things right directly into the outlet there or do i need to have a converter?

Im packing my bags for the third time this week :) and want to make sure i take everything i need, but dont want to take stuff i don't.

im staying at Breezes Trelawny

Thanks folks!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
376 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hairdryers, battery chargers and curling irons question...

Well first off,, what is the voltage that your appliances are designed to operate on?

United States
Level Contributor
11,105 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hairdryers, battery chargers and curling irons question...

See the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c145172/Jamai…

US
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hairdryers, battery chargers and curling irons question...

As far as I know from past experience at Sandals RC not to worry about plugging things in. I was worried as well before we went last year and my husband (who is an electrician) did some research and everything I needed (i.e. curling iron) worked perfectly. The resorts usually provide blow-dryers so you should be covered there. As far as cell phone charger, etc. that should be fine as well. Have fun !!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
898 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hairdryers, battery chargers and curling irons question...

Everything will work fine~

Have a wonderful trip!

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hairdryers, battery chargers and curling irons question...

I always bring at least one power strip to charge the phone, camera, laptop, etc. Glad to hear I don't need an adapter, especially since it didn't occur to me until I read your post, LOL!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hairdryers, battery chargers and curling irons question...

No adapter needed for blow dryer or curling iron. But I always bring a small power strip, there never seems to be enough plugs.

My boyfriend's and friends electric shaver didn't work properly..I think the voltage was too powerful? Not really sure, but it was extremely loud when plugged in.

7. Re: Hairdryers, battery chargers and curling irons question...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2011, 07:23