We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

botteled water ?

canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
botteled water ?

do resort give bottled water for free or do you have to buy it ? how much would it cost ?

i'm staying at holiday inn do they give it ?

waterloo ontario
Level Contributor
577 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: botteled water ?

most resorts supply for free in the rooms. not sure about Holiday Inn.

Jamaica water is just as clean as Canada so no need to worry anyway. Just spent 10 days at Iberostar and used the tap water to brush teeth etc with no issues.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: botteled water ?

Yup I never drink anything but tap water in Jamaica. Have for the ten yrs I have been going with no problems! Its not like Mexico!

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: botteled water ?

It would seem a waste of money for a resort with a clean water supply to offer free bottled water.

In fact, the only places I have ever been, foreign or domestic, one star or five, that have offered free bottled water are in Mexico.

Those bottles of water sitting nicely on the desk in five star business hotels in the states often come with room charges of up to $10 if opened.

waterloo ontario
Level Contributor
577 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: botteled water ?

Just got back from Iberostar in Jamaica and had 2 bottles in the fridge and a large jug outside. Never touched any of it.

In my opinion most resorts offer it as a result of people complaining about food posioning / drinking bad water etc causing them sick when reality it is over eating / over drinking and too much sun which is the real cause of people getting sick in most instances. There are always exceptions.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: botteled water ?

That...and companies like Iberostar, Riu, Palladium, Bahia Principe, etc. are used to operating almost exlusively in places with unsafe water supplies.

United States
Level Contributor
12,221 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: botteled water ?

I have seen bottled water. However, I have never purchased any. I drink the tap water like everyone else.

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
259 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: botteled water ?

Tap water is great in Montego Bay, although our resort also had bottled water available for those who preferred it. We drank the tap water with no problems. However, we also spent a night at the Riu in Negril, where there is a big notice in your bathroom saying DO NOT DRINK TAP WATER. They had an ample supply of bottled water in the fridge.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: botteled water ?

My point exactly, Dave and Angie.

They probably pre-assemble their room decorations/packages overseas during the construction process and ship them in containers to their resorts...and my guess is they just sent the same ones to Jamaica that they send everywhere else they "develop".

Either that or they are doing something to the water that makes it undrinkable...

9. Re: botteled water ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 15:17