We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDMB maid service

Douglasville...
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Topic
RDMB maid service

Generally speaking, how many maids did any of you see working in your rooms during your stay? I ask, because I'm trying to determine how much in tips/gifts to bring along. From reading other posts, it sounds like maybe there would usually be 2 maids working a room in a given week....but I'd like clarification, if possible. Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RDMB maid service

I usually saw one in the room, but there was often a second person that brought towels later in the afternoon, and a third that came to pick up the garbage and mop the floor later on. I think the first might have just done the beds? We usually tipped J$200 a day.

belleville
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RDMB maid service

Usually the maids do work in pairs, but probably over the course of your stay you would have 4 different maids, as they would have their days off in there somewhere.

Be prepared for your room to be cleaned late in the day, island time slows everything down.

We love this place, enjoy your trip!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
127 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RDMB maid service

I also have a question about the maid service. How do ensure that each one who works in your room receives a tip/gift that is left? Especially if the rooms are cleaned late in the day, I am sure I'll be relaxing on the beach or at the pool. Thanks.

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RDMB maid service

wE tipped at the end ofour stay, as we had got to know them by the end of 2wks.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RDMB maid service

Arreguina, ask Beverly who your maid is and who does your room on her day off. She can also give you am envelope and you can put money in it to pass on to the maid.

6. Re: RDMB maid service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2012, 05:50