We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Home from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
425 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Home from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Returned home last night from a 9 day trip. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Elk Grove...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Home from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Hi PebblesCharlie,

I will be going to the Grand for 9 days in December. I have a few question 1). How do you tip everyone (amt) 2). How close is it to shop where u can buy a nice pair of earring, rings est. 3). Is the jerk chicken and pork good or is it a better place around that we must try?

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
425 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Home from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

In regards to tipping, we tipped every one that took care of us. At the bars, we tipped about $25 a day. The breakfast & lunch is buffet, so tipped $2 at each meal. At a la cart restaurants we tipped $5 to $15 depending on how many people served us. Housekeeping $3 in the am & $2 pm. I left $1 in the mini bar every day. At the spa I tipped 20%. Butlers we only saw on day 1 & we tipped $5, they didn't doing anything for us except show us our home & delivered 2 pillows. In total of 9 day we tipped about $400.

We didn't do alot of shopping. We did take the free shuttle to the Rose Hall Shoppes which is 10 minutes away & they have maybe 30 shops & there are some nice jewelry stores.

We found the jerk chicken & pork good at the lunch beach BBQ's. We also heard for great jerk chicken & pork, go to Scothies. The restaurant is 10 minutes away & the taxi is $40 roundtrip for 1-4 people.

Hope this helps!

st. louis
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Home from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Is Morris back working the pool bar? I heard that he had been moved to the lobby bar.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
425 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Home from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

R u taking about Morrison (Ardley is his first name) that plays the Guitar & sings? He is working the lobby bar. He is a great guy!

Or Morris Day? Morris Day is currently working the theater bar. We met him one night in the Cigar Bar. What a funny guy with lots of stories. Wish we would have spent more time with him.

st. louis
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Home from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

I was talking about Morris Day. What a character! If he's not at the pool bar, his talent is being wasted.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Home from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Hi there,

Could you let me know about the type of room you had. We are hoping to book this coming week and I am undecided to go with a standard room vs. the oceanview (I have read that all rooms have a decent view). As well, I had read that building 5 is closed due to them changing the carpets. Is that true? Which building were you in? Any recommendations on room location? Thanks.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
425 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Home from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

We were in building 50, IMO the better building. We booked an oceanview room (room # 5425) & what a great room. We were on the top floor and the last oceanview room on the 4th floor. We had great view of the ocean / sunsets and all the grounds. I loved our room & view!

PS. The carpets have all been changed in building 50!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Home from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Great information, thanks so much! I'll be sure to book an OV room!

Elk Grove...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Home from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Thanks so much for the info. this is our first trip husband and I celebrating our 50th birthday..

Thanks again

Winnipeg, MB
Level Contributor
329 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Home from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Concerning your tipping at the Grand, I do find the amounts that you tipped EXCESSIVE!

We have been going to Jamaica for 20+ years and we only tip for exceptional service ,beyound the call to duty, and when we do tip, it is done discreetly so that the service personnel do NOT come to expect tips all the time!

This is only our comments from a couple who has and continues to travel the world.

Have a great day: