We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What can't be missed!

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
What can't be missed!

Just booked Holiday Inn for March, traveling with a group of 24-none have been to Jamaica-what would be a must see or do/exercusion you could recommend ages between 8-50 Let the fun begin!!

United States
Level Contributor
12,394 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What can't be missed!

For a few ideas see the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147311-c150080/Monte…

jamaica
Level Contributor
457 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What can't be missed!

Dunns River.

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What can't be missed!

Dont miss Dolphin Cove!!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What can't be missed!

Bob Marley Mausoleum in 9 miles.

The drive up is a adventure itself. If you get car sick easy then take some gravols.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,739 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What can't be missed!

I second dunns river falls

Luminous lagoon is also a unique experience...

Enjoy

Chelle

the pas manitoba
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What can't be missed!

Dunns River falls was really great in our opinion. Although certainly not for anyone with mobility issues. My husband was unable to climb but certainly enjoyed the scenery, people watching etc. We combined it with the catarmaran cruise and that was cool.

Marley may not be for everyone. We enjoyed it, but could not see little kids as you mentioned 8 yr old in your group really getting to excited.... You have to have open mind on this tour as their is alot of pot smoking on this tour...We actually seen the biggest joint ever (being smoked indoors at the marley museum) and for those who doubt it, my hubby took pictures as he was sure he would never see that again.

The scenery is amazing on that tour though. Have probably never seen anything quite as beautiful as we did on that drive.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What can't be missed!

I was wondering if the smaller kids could accomplish the falls and of course the 8 teenagers are keen on the Bob Marley, may have to do seperate excursion to suit all the ages groups. Thanks for some great info

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
9,191 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What can't be missed!

From Mobay...Martha Brae river rafting, luminous lagoon, Bob Marley Nine Mile, YS or Mayfields over Dunns for the falls-go to another beach other than at your hotel...dr cave or Aqua Sol-small and your entire goup could have the beach to themselves-water sports and bumber cars and game room for the kids, eat at the Pork Pit, The Native.

Most excursions will fit the ages of your entire group!

Don;t forget to chill and fell the vibes of jamaica...it's exhausting to move around a lot so don;t overbook excursions.

PEACE!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What can't be missed!

we hired private tour (across the street from Royal Decamerron) we went to YS falls, Black Safari and appleton rum factory. Great day, we got to see the country side and with hiring private van we could stop and start whenever we wanted versus waiting for a big tour group

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What can't be missed!

Thanks for all the great info, will take the next couple of months to do our research, I didn't realize there is so much to do!