We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scotchies or pork pit ??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
scotchies or pork pit ??

as the name says .. which of the two is better? I want the authentic jerk mind you, not going for a tourist attraction on this one.

jamaica
Level Contributor
456 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scotchies or pork pit ??

Scotches by far.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: scotchies or pork pit ??

thanks joe

unanimous decision from others as well?

Peoria, Arizona
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scotchies or pork pit ??

Hello,

Why not try them both! The Pork pit is at the beginning of the "Hip strip", Scotchies is in the opposite direction just past the airport. Just thinking of jerk chicken and a cold Red Stripe....yumm. My vote.......Scotchie!

take it nice and easy,

grac

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scotchies or pork pit ??

Hi

we went to the Pork pit three years ago and absoloutley loved the food and the atmosphere.

Enjoy

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,757 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: scotchies or pork pit ??

Been to both. As I remember one had better Pork and one had better Chicken, but I cant remember which was which. I do remember there being a soup we tried at the Pork pit that was to die for. Heck go try both!!! The best Jerk Chicken I have ever had was on the side of the road, some local guy and his loan cooker. It was the BEST!!

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: scotchies or pork pit ??

I have also been to both and the Pork Pit was much better than the Scotchie's in Mobay. While we love the jerk fish at Scotchie's, we felt as though the over all meal there had been just "okay" the last couple of times but we thoroughly enjoyed our meals at the Pork Pit.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: scotchies or pork pit ??

Well, who's the prettiest woman in the world? Both are very good along with any place in Boston, Ultimate Jerk in Discovery Bay, and Yow's near Rio Bueno.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: scotchies or pork pit ??

I tend to believe the mom-and-pop shops and roadside stands do it better than developed restaurants. I've yet to have anything I'd compare with the stuff in Boston Bay and on the side of the road in St. Thomas parish anywhere that had tables.

CT
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: scotchies or pork pit ??

I thought Jerkies is supposed to be a good place too, does any one know how Jerkies compares to these two?

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
450 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: scotchies or pork pit ??

Scotchies is a lovely small place, nice to chill out in the evening and eat and drink, will be going back there on my next trip...