We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Wild Orchid: 1 couple Preferred, 1 couple not

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vermont
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Wild Orchid: 1 couple Preferred, 1 couple not

We are on Preferred side, they are not. Can any arrangements be made for them to join us at the beach/pool, or are they really strict about who goes to P side? Thanks in advance!

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid: 1 couple Preferred, 1 couple not

Hmm ... we booked in the 'non-P' side as well - but if I paid to be on the 'P' side - I wouldn't be happy seeing 'non-P''s there.

( - :

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid: 1 couple Preferred, 1 couple not

When I was there, no checks are performed at all. There were no wristbands, so it would have been impossible to determine who was preferred and who wasn't. The only identifying factor would be the towels. They have different colored towels for each "side" of the resort.(side = preferred/non preferred as opposed to St James vs. Wild Orchid), so if you came out the preferred building you would have a different colored towel vs. someone who came out from the non preferred building. Though one section of the beach was classed as preferred, I did see a mixture of towel colors, so no enforcement was being performed. That was shortly after the resort opened though, so they may have clamped down since then,

Vermont
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid: 1 couple Preferred, 1 couple not

Thanks for the info. Polmcs - when were you there? We'll be there in 2 weeks.

We didn't necessarily want to pay extra for Preferred, but our friends won this trip and when we decided to go with them only Preferred was available. Hoping there will be "no problems, mon" wherever we decide to hang out. :)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid: 1 couple Preferred, 1 couple not

I stayed at Secrets St James (right next door to Wild Orchid, but they share the same restaurants, bars, beach etc, in May 2010). I will be going to Secrets Wild Orchid for Thanksgiving 2012 as I figured that there would be less walking involved. Not that I couldn't do with the exercise, it's just that Wild Orchid is closer to the restaurants and bars, so less chance of getting wet if it rains (May can be a little wet at times, but I've never been to Jamaica in November)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
300 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid: 1 couple Preferred, 1 couple not

You probably won't get any hassle unless it's super busy. We never saw anyone checking but the non-preferred areas are just as nice so we never snuck over to the preferred areas...

Have fun!!!

6. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid: 1 couple Preferred, 1 couple not

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2012, 05:18