We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Beach Resort and Spa room upgrade?

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Battle Creek...
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Beach Resort and Spa room upgrade?

My wife and I are heading to Mo Bay, SSB on March 23-29 through an Apple vacation package. If we aren't happy with the room type we get, how easy will it be to get an upgrade and what will it cost us? We realize that we won't be spending much time in our room, only to sleep and change. We have reserved a garden view room, requested a king bed (I hope they honor our request).

Thanks!

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
892 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Spa room upgrade?

My husband and I will be there the last week of April. We purchased oceanview when we made our reservations. I e-mailed the resort asking for an upgrade, and they happily agreed to upgrade us to oceanfront at no additional charge provided there are oceanfront rooms available when we get there. Just e-mail them and I'm sure you won't have a problem. Have fun!!!

Battle Creek...
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Spa room upgrade?

Thanks NJ. I'll give it a shot and see how things turn out.

Battle Creek...
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Spa room upgrade?

bump

Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Spa room upgrade?

BJHOG51:

try this more direct approach as it worked for us in getting a Beach Inn room instead of a room in one of the towers.

Contact the reservations manager at SSB. Her name is Marion Campbell and her email address is mcampbell@sunsetmobay.com.

Hope it works.

Brad - Canada.

Toronto
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Spa room upgrade?

jjackson, what are the Inn rooms like? We are going the first week of April and I don't know if we should request an Inn room or not. 1 major thing is that one of my friends smokes and two of us don't so she would like a balcony/terrace. Do the Inns open directly onto the beach? I emailed the hotel about upgrading our room and got told it was $20US per catagory. Any suggestions how we can get an upgrade (if available) for free?

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
426 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Spa room upgrade?

Hey bjhog51-this time next week we will be soaking up the sun...can you stand it! I hate all this waiting!!! 5 days and counting!!

Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Spa room upgrade?

Sk8terGirl,

There are two sets of Inn rooms, one near the water park and one further down near the nude beach. The rooms have an entrance door and a balcony door that either opens up onto the beach or a grassy "garden" area unless of course you are on the second floor. As for noise, there were some nights that the music was unbelievably loud because the entertainment area actually faces down the beach in the same direction as there rooms. But that was only for a couple of nights.

The tower rooms are much less convenient compared to the Inn rooms and worth the upgrade cost. The only suggestion I have is to email the resv. mgr directly, plead your case for an Inn room and say if necessary you'll pay the upgrade cost. The Inn rooms that I referred to that I didn't have to pay extra for was actually at the Sunset Jamaica Grande on Ocho.

Hope this helps.

Brad.

Battle Creek...
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Spa room upgrade?

HEY ZOEYZMOMMI!

You are right! I can't believe how close we are to sun, beach, drinks and everything else we'll be enjoying! How do we connect down there?

lancaster,pa
Level Contributor
16 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Spa room upgrade?

hi all

can't wait 5 more days 22nd to 26 SSB

hope to see zoeyzmom and bjhog51 there

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
249 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Spa room upgrade?

I'll be here Monday (3/20-3/24). I should be packing!!!