We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Sland
Level Contributor
91 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trips from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Hi Folks

Hitting Jamaica for the first time at the end of January. Any suggestions on day trips from IRHS. Notice a number of Falls mentioned.....are they close?....what would one expect to pay to get there? Any help would be appreciated!!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trips from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

This will give you an idea of what available and approx. pricing. Once you know what you might want to do, then you can see about hiring a driver and setting things up.

http://www.viator.com/search/jamaica

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trips from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Never done falls (beleive Dunns River would be about an 1 1/2 shuttle ride). If you like ziplining do the Chukka White Witch Canapoy tour - its awesome! And, it is only about 20-30 mins from the Resort.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trips from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

We just returned and I would highly recommend Dunns River Falls. It was fun, takes about 45 mins to climb (we did it twice), requires water shoes but does not require a guide. We used Reggae Tours and they will take you and pay your admission and wait for you as well (and give you tips to navigate the vendors). The price is on their website and so are other tour suggestions. The drive is an hour and 15 mins to 1.5 hours depending on traffic. Highways going up are scenic and our driver was a very smooth driver, safe and informative (Nicholas with Reggae). I'd highly recommend Nicholas.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,574 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trips from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Reggae Tours is great. We have used them many, many times. I'd also look at a day trip to Negril.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trips from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

I highly recommend Mayfield Falls if you are looking to see beautiful waterfalls and have a peaceful experience (and not deal with the crowds). We used Yourjamaicantourguide, and they made sure the day was ours with whatever else we wanted to do.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Trips from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

I'd second a day to Negril. Mayfield falls are also nice.

It really depends a lot on what you are interested in doing as an excursion.

United States
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Trips from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

I would suggest you do The Dunns River Falls and Rafting on the Martha Brae in the same day Reggae Tours will set it up for you. You can google their website and get their contact info and email them before you go - they respond to emails promptly.

Enjoy.

United States
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Trips from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

The Round Hill - is an excellent resort and it never disapoints - from the consensus I have heard.

Glad you had a great time.

Edited: 05 January 2012, 11:07
United States
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Trips from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

I would suggest you do The Dunns River Falls and Rafting on the Martha Brae in the same day Reggae Tours will set it up for you. You can google their website and get their contact info and email them before you go - they respond to emails promptly.

Enjoy.

The we site for Reggae Tours is:

website address is: www.reggae-tours.com

Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day Trips from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

If you decide to zipline, do the Chukka White Witch Canapoy tour. It is much closer and cheaper than the other place.