We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking at a first trip to Jamaica 5/12-5/19-help plz!

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
586 reviews
Save Topic
Looking at a first trip to Jamaica 5/12-5/19-help plz!

My hubs and I are looking at Puerto Rico or Jamaica for our 10 yr anniversary. We've been to beaches all over the states and have been to Maui, Playa del Carmen and Puerto Villarta years ago and even to the French Riviera but we've never been to any Caribbean islands!

I've been reading up and I always find the forums more helpful than anything else and wanted to see the opinion of those with experience in Jamaica. For a 38 yr old couple that loves the beach, likes some cocktails and music as well as art and architecture and loves meeting locals and other tourists alike (both people persons) is there an area of Jamaica that you would recommend over another area? Should we rent a car for all or part of our trip as I'd want to get off of the resort to explore.

Thanks ahead for your help!

Reggae Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Travel Around Jamaica Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Chukka Caribbean Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
1. Re: Looking at a first trip to Jamaica 5/12-5/19-help plz!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 14:04
Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking at a first trip to Jamaica 5/12-5/19-help plz!

Check into the Negril area for the beach.

Would not recommend renting a car, especially your first trip. Hire a driver.

New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking at a first trip to Jamaica 5/12-5/19-help plz!

I would do jamaica. The Secrets Resorts & Spa Montego Bay would be great. They even have special complementary anniversary packages. And two hotels on the same property you can use. Check them out www.secretsresorts.com

Secrets Wild Orchid and Secrets St James.

Have fun

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking at a first trip to Jamaica 5/12-5/19-help plz!

Montego Bay isn't known for having the best beaches.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,219 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking at a first trip to Jamaica 5/12-5/19-help plz!

ditto, and Secrets is not known for it's beach either.

IA
Level Contributor
879 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking at a first trip to Jamaica 5/12-5/19-help plz!

If you want a great Beach, I would recommend Negril or Breezes Runaway Bay. Negril is known for its beaches.

7. Re: Looking at a first trip to Jamaica 5/12-5/19-help plz!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2013, 10:31