We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDMB Anyone been bumped?

Hockessin, Delaware
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
RDMB Anyone been bumped?

I have seen some people may have been bumped to another resort after booking RDMB, apparently maintenance issues?

Has anyone been bumped? And if so, how was the other resort they sent you to?

Arriving April 8, and hoping we don't have a problem.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RDMB Anyone been bumped?

I have read that they were bumping people to go to RDFC. I think it was just their way of getting guests in the new resort. RDMB used to be well known for bumping guests. But I haven't read of it happening, to the extent it did, recently. If they do try to bump you, I'd hold out. Be firm and say you aren't moving.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RDMB Anyone been bumped?

Yeh, I've not heard of people being bumped recently, but they do offer a transfer to anyone willing to go. The new resort is probably just fine but RDMB is home.

3. Re: RDMB Anyone been bumped?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 14:41
Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RDMB Anyone been bumped?

I think it's hit and miss on who gets bumped. When they were doing a lot of it, there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to whom they chose to bump. I'd stand my ground and not go. But if it became too much of a mess, I'd probably go and try to make the best of things. And then call my travel agent and complain when I got home.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RDMB Anyone been bumped?

The latest Review is actually regarding that. They tried to bump people, but they held their ground. I really hope this does not happen during my stay. I book a trip to Montego Bay for a reason, if I want Runaway Bay, I would have book there.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RDMB Anyone been bumped?

This isn't new for RDMB. Best to know now that it could happen.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
549 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RDMB Anyone been bumped?

Man I sure hope this doesnt happen to us! Specially being a first timer we want to go where we chose!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RDMB Anyone been bumped?

It happens at RDMB. Right now I think they are just trying to get people at their new resort (at least new to the Decameron family). Know that it might happen and just go with whatever happens. That way you'll still have a good vacation and it will all be just part of the experience. And you are still in Jamaica.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
549 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RDMB Anyone been bumped?

i hear what your saying anod and if it happens we will make the best of it. My motto is always when on holiday not much bothers me and as an expereinced traveller we are used to and accept that things are not always as planned. And again, we make the best of it.

However, in this case it they do try to bump us I will try my utmost to convince them otherwise ( I can be pretty convincing) because we spent a lot of time resarching and choosing this desination and resort. And being our 1st time we would like it to go smoothly. Also our travel companions have never been anywhwere so for them hoping something like this doenst happen. But if we have absolutely no choice we wil have to deal with it and make the best of it as we always do.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RDMB Anyone been bumped?

Since you are contacting the resort anyhow for a room request, make the same request about being bumped. Tell them you aren't interested in a bump upfront. At least they'll know that you know what is going on.