We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to LITTLE BAY CABINS in Little London

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
getting to LITTLE BAY CABINS in Little London

Hello, as many others probably did, I purchased a Living Social deal to Little Bay Cabins and I was just curious what is the cheapest & easiest way to get from Montego Bay (the airport) to the Little Bay District in Little London.. They offer their own service for like $100, but that seems outrageous for an hour drive.. are taxis going to be cheaper? what about a minibus? other driving services? JUTA? any help would be much appreciated.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to LITTLE BAY CABINS in Little London

Actually - $100 to Little Bay is fair for private transport (Little Bay is not a district, its a town in its own right. Zimbali Retreats is in Little London)

And...its going to be more than a 1 hour ride from the airport. Its at a minimum 1 hour and 15 minutes from the airport to the West End of Negril...Little Bay is another 1/2 hour at least from Negril and the roads are not that great.

Please remember that gas prices here are through the roof as is anything having to do with licensing and maintenance of a true transport taxi or service. With the roads as bad as they are going to Little Bay along with the extra gas, the driver/resort is just trying to maintain maintenance and fuel.

I'd take their service - you are heading into an area that is not yet very tourist driven, a little more off the beaten path and if you've never been its best to go with the resort's transportation. If you return you might be able to hire your own private transport for less. Get the lay of the land first is my advice.

Edited: 10 February 2012, 17:07
roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
7,906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to LITTLE BAY CABINS in Little London

in addition many drivers don;t want to go into Little Bay because of the bumpy limestone roads. $80 is avg. Search the site I posted a few numbers for transport to Litte Bay.

Is the special for the same time? If so a few of you could share the ride.

PEACE!

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to LITTLE BAY CABINS in Little London

How much would a 3 hour cab ride (out and back) cost in Chicago?

United States
Level Contributor
10,826 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to LITTLE BAY CABINS in Little London

The very small village of Little Bay is a hard place to get to and far off the normal tourist path. As pointed out above, the trip, if direct, from the Montego Bay airport will take well over an hour. If you want an easy trip I would take the package offered by the resort.

If low cost is very important to you then you might consider the following. Take any of the well known transfer companies from the airport to the Scotia Bank in downtown Negril. This will cost about $US20 per person one way. In the parking lot on the east side of the bank you will find any number of taxi drivers. Ask around, and bargin hard, to get the best price for a private transfer from Negril to the Little Bay Cabins. The straight line (air) distance from Negril to Little Bay is about 7 miles but by road it is much longer (and slow because of the roads in the area).

If you have never been to Jamaica before, I would take the transfer offered by the hotel.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting to LITTLE BAY CABINS in Little London

I agree --first timers should take a taxi...how about a few of you check dates with each other here and try to combine for a better price.

4 people in one car could possible make a slightly better bargin if you check around.

Start a ROLL CALL for little Bay to discuss sharing transportation.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting to LITTLE BAY CABINS in Little London

excellent idea WANTOTRAV! thanks :)

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: getting to LITTLE BAY CABINS in Little London

There will be a lot of travelers to Little Bay because of the special they are offering...so I hope something comes together for all of you.

Even when I go--the worst thing is the transportation costs---but once you get there--all will be forgotten--at least for a little time--as your breath will be taken away by the beauty of the place.

Good luck --fellow travelers.

Edited: 11 February 2012, 02:00
Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: getting to LITTLE BAY CABINS in Little London

I posted on another thread for little Bay--but I will try and see if a driver will be willing to give a group rate --IF---travelers can pin down a day that 4 to 6 or more of you are arriving at the airport within a hour or so of each other and if your willing to wait for others to arrive so that you will leave as a group all headed for little Bay Cabins.

Write here or PM me with possible arrival times.

Don't know if it can be done --but I will try to help get it done.....

Edited: 11 February 2012, 03:05
roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
7,906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: getting to LITTLE BAY CABINS in Little London

I'll post again the numbers as I am leaving tomorrow and will not access a computer.

You can contact Annette 1-876-421-4870 she can connect you with two drivers Courtney her husband or Cug her brother-all live in Little Bay and do transportation-all work with and or own guest houses.

Mark Munroe who does taxi from Negril 1-876-467-4819.

These are people I know have used and trust.

PEACE!

10. Re: getting to LITTLE BAY CABINS in Little London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 19:48