We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Best Tour Guide in Montego Bay/Negril/Ocho Rios"

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Best Tour Guide in Montego Bay/Negril/Ocho Rios"

My husband and I just returned from our Montego Bay vacation. This was our first time in Jamaica, and before we left, we researched some tour options because we didn't want to pay for the overpriced packages you get at the hotel. We wanted something more custom and private. I cannot tell you how lucky and pleased I was to find Kenneth (Ken) Watson. During my research I had landed on a random forum that talked about him and his tours. We looked at his website and emailed him. His rates were so reasonable and he spent the entire day doing whatever we want.

We were able to visit a school (we brought some Disney crayons for the kids), shop (he took us to the places where we got the best deals), and then drove us to Negril to spend the afternoon on the beach. What a truly awesome day. Not only did Ken have a fantasic personality, but his knowledge was outstanding. Furthermore, he knows EVERYONE. Everywhere we went whether it was in Montego Bay or Negril he was saying hi to people he knew....amazing! Also, we felt very safe at all times. This was one of my concerns before leaving for Jamaica.

He will do any kind of custom tour you like (whether you are in Montego Bay/Negril or Ocho Rios). Email him and he will give you his availability and rates, which as I mentioned are truly very very reasonable. He has a few people that work for him, so make sure you ask for him. Also, please be good to him. He works very hard, and is building his business. We made sure to feed him lunch and gave him a tip (even though he owns/runs the company).

His website is www.kensjamaica.com. Book him, you won't be dissappointed.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to drop me a note.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Best Tour Guide in Montego Bay/Negril/Ocho Rios"

Lindsay McFarlane is also an excellent tour guide and VERY reasonable. He explained the history of the area, talked about plants etc., Bought us roadside peanuts, picked us an apple, showed us the acai fruit. He was very friendly and a good driver and tour guide. He took us to the Rockland Bird Sanctualry where hummingbirds eat from your hands and showed us some really neat areas around MoBay and the hip strip. We highly recommend him.

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Best Tour Guide in Montego Bay/Negril/Ocho Rios"

We could get a competition going here!

I would also recommend Alrick Allen, of Your Jamaica Tour Guide as a contender for the Best Guide.

My husband and I were travelling to Jamaica last November for what we thought would be our last trip, as we were going to then try somewhere else. Being with Alrick changed all that! He took us to places we had never been before and the result was such a memorable holiday that we can't wait to return.

He made the island seem brand new to us, despite our many previous visits. He is a very personable young man who loves his country and is keen to show visitors the real Jamaica.

Have a look at his web site and the videos and you will see what I mean!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Best Tour Guide in Montego Bay/Negril/Ocho Rios"

It sounds like we were all very lucky to have wonderful tour guides and wonderful vacations!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Best Tour Guide in Montego Bay/Negril/Ocho Rios"

I totally agree about Lindsay McFarlane. He is an excellent tour guide. He is so friendly and easy to be around. I would highly recommend him. He will take you wherever you want to go. He is very reasonable and a member of the Jamaica Tourist Board. We will definitely use him again.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Best Tour Guide in Montego Bay/Negril/Ocho Rios"

Sounds like he is the guy to book with.

PEI
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Best Tour Guide in Montego Bay/Negril/Ocho Rios"

I would have to agree with your comments re Kenneth we had the pleasure of taking a couple of custom tours and our return trip to the airport with Kenneth Watson from Secrets St James ... he is a very accommodating, entertaining and interesting Jamaican who really knows his way around the Island. Can save some cash compared to the larger tour companies promoted by the Resort. He charges an hourly rate and will take you anywhere you wish. We really enjoyed our tour into the hills, seeing some local schools and communities, tasting some sugarcane and enjoying some stops and stories along the way. He doesn’t run a brand new car or bus but his vehicle is very clean and comfortable and his knowledge of Jamaica and his nice way are second to none. He is saving to buy a new van.

We found Kenneth on this web site on Tripadvisors – lots of great comments about his educational and cultural tours – if you book his services you will be pleased, say hello from Canadians John & Jennifer Best reached at kenwatsonjam@yahoo.com

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Best Tour Guide in Montego Bay/Negril/Ocho Rios"

You can email Lindsay McFarlane at takecover2@msn.com He will give you a quote for whatever you would like to do, and can also make suggestions for your. I did get a few quotes and he is the fairest of the bunch. He is VERY friendly and knowledgable, and goes out of his way to help you have a good time and enjoy the day. His van is clean and the air works great! He is also a safe driver. We really enjoyed the Rockland Bird Sanctuary where the hummingbirds land on your finger and eat from your hand! He also took us to a 237 year old church, up Richmond Hill to see the views, through a local market (wow great pics!), through down town MoBay and shopping on the Hip Strip. I hear he loves taking people to the beach in Negril, Dunn River Falls, Ocho Rios etc. He is very versed in a lot of areas in Jamaica. Tell him Janet and Doug sent you!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Best Tour Guide in Montego Bay/Negril/Ocho Rios"

ZIPP is the best!!!! We were in Montego Bay and he took us to Ocho Rios, Negril.... great tour guide, great price, highly recommend!!! He can be contacted thru the gift shop at the RDMB or contact me and can give you his contact info

Edmonton, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: The Best Tour Guide in Montego Bay/Negril/Ocho Rios"

I just finished a vacation in Montego Bay last week. And from recommendations here on TA I selected Kenneth Watson's (Ken's Dream Vacation) for a couple of personal tours. I would recommend him to anyone. He is very knowledgeable and full of energy/character. Quoting him - he "will never lead you wrong".

10. Re: The Best Tour Guide in Montego Bay/Negril/Ocho Rios"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 06:17