We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just got home from RDMB--any questions?

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
milwaukee wi
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
just got home from RDMB--any questions?

we just got home tonight from RDMB and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
821 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: just got home from RDMB--any questions?

Here's a dumb one... I'm a picky eater... is there steak or burgers/fries? Beef of any kind?

milwaukee wi
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: just got home from RDMB--any questions?

there is steak, but not A steak, sliced beef would be more accurate, but, yes, it is beef. also, burger and fries are available from noon to five and again late nite for those who need a late night snack. they also have pizza with your choice of toppings. we went to the grill and asked to split a cheeseburger, we both got a cheeseburger with fires(which we didn't ask for) on the side. not stingy on food there, i think 11 or midnite til 1 or 2 a.m. you will have a great time, no worries. just remember, you are not eating in your neighborgood restaurant, and not everything will taste as you might expect, different seasonings and all. you will find food you like. if you arent't sure, take a bite or two of the stuff in the buffet, and go back for the stuff you like.

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just got home from RDMB--any questions?

Hello- I have an important question- What time do the bars open??

Grove City
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: just got home from RDMB--any questions?

Springbteerfly, Was the resort full and if so were they asking people to go other places?

How was the weather temperature wise?

Thanks.

Blondie5700

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just got home from RDMB--any questions?

cleome, I believe it's 10 am. Enjoy

milwaukee wi
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: just got home from RDMB--any questions?

i'm not sure if the resort was full, didn't ask. we did not see anyone asked to switch hotels and didn't hear of it being talked about by the other guests either. the weather was beautiful, 85 during the day and 75 at night. the a/c and the ceiling fan in the room were a great break, along with the balcony as it will feel hotter than that after a while in the sun. the swimming pool bar is open from 10am to 5pm. the beach/restaurant bar is open from 11am to 11pm. the lobby bar is open from 5pm to midnite. the disco is open 11pm to 2am. so is you're willing to move around a little you can drink from 10am til 2am. have fun-don't make the mistake we did, and forget the advil. although a trip to the store on the grounds the next morning took care of that! whoo-hoo!!

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just got home from RDMB--any questions?

I'm leaving in 35 days for RDMB - Not that i'm counting or anything!!!

You say the weather was nice, did you have any rain???

Also, I hear the sun there is VERY intense.. I have an olive skin and i'm wondering what spf would be needed? My friend just got back from Ocho on Monday and had sun poisoning the last 3 days she was there..

How long did it take it to get to the hotel after landing, customs etc?

Thanks,

Nicole

Grove City
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: just got home from RDMB--any questions?

Thanks for the info! I will be there in 29 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Reagan, Texas
Level Contributor
151 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just got home from RDMB--any questions?

We went to Jamaica last year and stayed at the HI Sunspree. We are returning 04/22-26/06 and staying at the RCMB. I am very excited about this return trip. About what SPF lotion to bring...I am fair skinned, but love to be in the sun. I also have very short hair. Last year, I used SPF 50, but still managed to get sun poisioning. The swelling in my face finally went down after being home for 3 days. I think my mistake was not wearing a hat. The top of my head burned, but I did not put any lotion on my head. I'm preparing differently this trip. I will still take the SPF 50, but I have been tanning in a tanning bed and I am wearing a hat this year!

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just got home from RDMB--any questions?

I know.. I don't want to ruin my trip and get sun poisoning..

They have that new spray lotion kind of like a mist .. You could prob. mist that on your head..