We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Beach Resort Questions

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New England
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Topic
Sunset Beach Resort Questions

Hi,

Just wondering how casual this resort is and how people dress for dinner at the Chinese and Italian restaurants. We have never been to Jamaica and are used to the resorts in Mexico where women dress up for dinner and men are required wear pants with closed toe shoes.

Any other information on this resort would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Beach Resort Questions

Nicer cloths for the Itl and Chinese yes. Colared shirts and nice pants, with toed shoes. More requirements for men than woman.

THe buffet is not near as strick but still in evening that ask that you look nicer. I always had nice shirt with shorts and sandles no one said anything.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Beach Resort Questions

Nicer cloths for the Itl and Chinese yes. Colared shirts and nice pants, with toed shoes. More requirements for men than woman.

THe buffet is not near as strick but still in evening that ask that you look nicer. I always had nice shirt with shorts and sandles no one said anything.

New England
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Beach Resort Questions

Thank you!

lancaster,pa
Level Contributor
16 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Beach Resort Questions

just back saw some at italian restaurant with, tshirts. buffet much more lacks on dress for dinner

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Beach Resort Questions

I was at SSB a few weeks ago. We wore shorts to the dinner buffet and the gals wore capris and the guys either pants or a nice pair of shorts and a polo or hawaiian shirt to the restaurants. Enjoy!!!!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
249 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Beach Resort Questions

One day at lunch, they were stopping ladies from entering the buffet restaurant in their bathing suits and shorts. They suggested that they either put a shirt on or go to the snack bar/grill. You could always eat at the snack bar hamburgs, hotdogs, jerk chicken, grilled cheese sandwhiches and fries.

We ate at the dinner buffet everynight, and overall I would say that people were dressed very casually, compared to other resorts I have been to.