We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort recommendation

CHICAGO
Level Contributor
179 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Resort recommendation

I am looking into Jamaica for my October 2012 vacation...I am looking for suggestions! Here is what we like, what resort would you recommend?

*All Inclusive

*Calm, clear crystal blue water at the resort

*Ability to get espresso drinks daily-either at the resort or at a cafe walking distance

*Not too far from the airport

Any suggestions, would be appreciated!

PA
Level Contributor
495 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort recommendation

we just got back from Sandals Montego Bay, and I think it covers your requirements. It has a nice AI package, lots of nice restaurants to choose from. I also found the water to be very calm, although not the beautiful blue blue of cancun. As far as the airport, you literally cannot get any closer. I do believe I saw espresso maker there but can't remember where, so that would be something maybe someone else could help you with.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort recommendation

Royal Decameron Montego Beach. They have an expresso machine at the lobby bar and it is right on the hip strip and budget priced. Read the reviews and look at the photos and you will be convinced.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,550 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort recommendation

We have stayed at several resorts in Jamaica and Secrets was the best so far overall

SWO & SSJ are not for everyone as to be fair with the style they are built in you could be anywhere in the Caribbean but we love the modern style. It is the staff and the location that make it Jamaican. The beach comprises of 4 man made coves rather than a natural beach like Negril but it is still a reasonable beach compared to some I have seen in Jamaica and the snorkeling straight off the beach is awesome

If you check out my review and my online album you should get a good feel for the resorts

community.webshots.com/user/flipflop_man

Please note that some of the room shots are not of standard rooms so please check out the labels. As you will see the main difference between SWO & SSJ is simply decor and position on the peninsula

They do have a nice coffee shop at the resort which is all part of the AI

Happy as always to help further if you need it

North Carolina
Level Contributor
429 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort recommendation

Also, check out Iberostar Rose Hall Suites...it is not in Montego Bay, but it is a still a short ride from the airport.

If you decide to venture further out, then definitely check out some resorts in Negril. :)

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,645 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort recommendation

I think if we know what budget you have in mind that will help as well.

As far as expresso drinks, try some of the Blue Mountain coffee. You may decide to sip on it all day and forget about the espresso drinks.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,250 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort recommendation

We have also stayed at Sandals Montego Bay twice and really enjoyed it. It would certainly meet your needs as described by SuzeSS.

While at SMB you also have the benefit of enjoying the two other Sandals Resorts in MBJ.

Edited: 05 May 2012, 18:57
Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,645 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort recommendation

You are right, you cannot get any closer to the airport than Sandals Montego Bay. The runway is literally a stones throw from the resort, hence noise. It doesn't bother some people while it is a deal breaker to others.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,250 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort recommendation

Lots of folks will spend a couple of days over at SRC during their stay at SMB. We certainly enjoyed SMB, but weren't among the ones that waved to the plane fly overs.

Victoria,texas
Level Contributor
345 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort recommendation

1. RDMB

2..Sandal

3. Iberostar

4. Secret

RDMB is the closest one to the airport and Hip Strip. Sandal is the second. Secret and Iberostar are about 10 mts from the airport. You can't go wrong with either one.

Level Contributor
382 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resort recommendation

If your up for the $ we loved sandals royal Caribbean. We had a swim up butler suite but it is not a necessary to go hlgh end there. Read about butlers by searching butler. If you go for a low end room at any sandals make sure and make reservations for dining your first night for the whole week. All the sandals have a mixed crowd but Src is quieter and smb is the party place. But you can go to either to enjoy what you want. We liked the lagoons at Src, they are large enough for about six couples each and are never crowded. The island is soooooo relaxing. We have been to sgr, and Src and are doing smb this summer. The beach front rooms are much nicer at smb. We are doing a bay roc suite with butler in July after a week at couples ss in a penthouse suite. Can't wait. Just 57 more sleeps.