We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Jamaica??

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
LMS
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Jamaica??

My bf and I (both 21) are planning an all inclusive trip in August. I've been to Punta Cana twice and La Romana once in the past. I'm definitely a beach bum and love the beaches in the DR. I know nothing about Jamaica... does anyone have any suggestions about where to stay on a budget? We're looking for a pristine beach and 24-hour bar lol. Thanks!

USA
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay in Jamaica??

A canadian couple that we met in Montego bay while we there last week mentioned that when they went to DR and I am sorry to say that I didn't pay attention when they said they went,it was unbearably hot.When would that be? I am a frigid,easily chilled gal and in Montego bay my bones were warm.I ran around in swimsuit.LOVELY Weather,constant 84 degreees. YAH MAN!!!

LMS
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay in Jamaica??

We've gone to the DR the first week in August every time. It's true it is very hot, but I love the summer heat. I grab a drink at the bar then drag my lounger down the water's edge and bask in the sun all day. La Romana is not quite as breezy as Punta Cana, but both are extremely hot if you go at the end of July- early August.

ontario
Level Contributor
144 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to stay in Jamaica??

which beach was better. we just got back from suncape grand , not owned by them now but was ok beach had lots of seaweed. jamaica would be my choice but we did have a good time in DR.

LMS
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to stay in Jamaica??

la romana beach definitely gets my vote. powder white sand and turqoise glass water... it's the true carribean. wish there were more resorts there.