We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain in Montego Bay?

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Rain in Montego Bay?

My Fiance and I are heading down to Montego Bay from Thursday-Sunday and it says its supposed to rain (THUNDERSTORMS) every single day. Does this mean it will rain the whole time or maybe just a short shower for the afternoon? What has the weather been like down there lately if anyone knows?

J B
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
429 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain in Montego Bay?

As i indicated in the post, the rain comes and goes. For instance this afternoon it rained for about 5 minutes and now you would never know it rained at all because everything it dry. If it rains it's not raining for long. BUT in other parts of Jamaica it may. I can only tell you about Montego Bay now. I can tell you you're going to need your cold water cause it's so hot you're going to wish it was raining... LOL

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain in Montego Bay?

Most likely, it will just be a short shower in the afternoon.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain in Montego Bay?

We were in Mo Bay from may 5th to the 12th. Sunny everyday and hot. Except friday around 4:30 pm it got cloudy and rained for 2 minutes. I hope you get great weather like we did.

Edited: 15 May 2012, 01:04
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain in Montego Bay?

We are headed to Jamaica on Friday. Last year we went this same week and it poured EVERY afternoon buckets and buckets! My only advice is get up early and enjoy your sunny weather. My daughter said that was her one reget that she slept in and missed out on the sunshine. I am hoping we do not have a repeat of last year this time. I know going this time of year to expect some rain in the afternoon but just hoping it does not pour EVERY afternoon for hours and hours!!!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain in Montego Bay?

Go and enjoy..............the weather will be fine.

Ohio
Level Contributor
158 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain in Montego Bay?

We just got back (4/34-5/1) and it rained buckets and buckets every day. I think we hit a bad week. It rained starting around lunch for most of the remainder of the day. One day it practicly rained the entire day. Its hit or miss, but typically not so rainy

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain in Montego Bay?

Ohio that sounds like our trip last year!!!

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain in Montego Bay?

Have been here for 3 days and only light showers for 2 of the days. When the sun comes out it is very hot!

Durham
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain in Montego Bay?

Montego Bay or Negril? And what can we expect weather wise , we are going november 18th. any help would be great ,,, thanks ,, Colin

Montego Bay
Level Contributor
894 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain in Montego Bay?

the rain is on and off...it won't last all day.