We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check list for Jamaica

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DALLAS
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Check list for Jamaica

Does anyone have a checklist? I want to make sure I do not forget to pack everything I need.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Check list for Jamaica

I don't think there is a "checklist". Where are you staying and what do you think you'll need?

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
198 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Check list for Jamaica

I just sent you my personal check list

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Check list for Jamaica

And to be honest, some of the "checklists" I've seen, you will take three suitcases and two duffel bags to carry it all.

Swimsuit, swimsuit, sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen, change of clothes, insect repellent, money. There's my checklist.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Check list for Jamaica

Anod, you left out good attitude!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Check list for Jamaica

Passport definitely needs to be on that list, too! LOL!

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,637 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Check list for Jamaica

Passport/ ID

Hotel Reservation & Flight information and insurance policy & any receipts or confirmations regarding your trip.

Money/Credit cards

Sunscreen

Mosquito repellent and Cortizone creme for bites

Camera & Book or magazine

Obviously your cosmetics, medicine and hygiene products

I personally prefer to use my own shampoos and soaps over a hotels

TIP: Put liquids into those big gallon zip lock bags, seal and then double bag and seal on the opposite end. This ensures that if your luggage were to get squeezed that you don't have a sticky mess in your bag.

I always pack a change of clothes for each day and one extra in case, plus any evening attire if dress code is required at certain restaurants. (Please note some restaurants require closed toe shoes for men and sometimes Ties)

Swim suit (s) Beach hat (if worried about the sun) & a big smile because your about to have a blast!!!!!!!

Level Contributor
382 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Check list for Jamaica

Have a pen on the plane to fill out the immigration form.

anod is right in that you will mainly need swim suits, more sun screen than you have ever used, a bottle of bug spray.

Two nice outfits for the resort casual restaurants. I always spill something on my slacks and need to have two pair. I ware one pair on the plane to take up less space in the suitcase.

A mini Rx.

Something for sunburn. Just in case.

Hat, extra sunglasses, swim shoes, sandals, closed toe boat shoes for meals.

Extra sd card for camera.

Large zip lock bags for kindle at beach.

We check a bag for the liquid we bring, and for the liquid we bring home.

$50 in ones for tips at a non tipping resort for the baggage people, and drivers, excursion guides etc. More, if at a tipping resort.

I reuse my dinner shirt (caribbean type) the next day at the beach and take no t shirts.

I know some people think this is crude, but I was told to cut the mesh out of my swim suit to stop the mesh rash. I have a pair of short legged briefs on that don't give me the rash on the inner leg.

Wilmington, Delaware
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Check list for Jamaica

booked trip to Hilton Rose Hall thru priceline.hotel website says additional 70 dollars per night for kid but priceline insists not.hate nasty surprises....anyone knows????????????

Wilmington, Delaware
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Check list for Jamaica

booked package for hilton rose hall thru priceline.hotel website says additional 70 dollars per night for child and priceline insists not so...does not want any nasty surprises.anyone knows..

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Check list for Jamaica

Pearl, it's best to start your own thread with a question like this, not piggy back onto another thread. But yes, expect to pay the additional for the kid.