We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Royal Caribbean Room Type

London, United...
Destination Expert
for St. John's
Level Contributor
335 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Royal Caribbean Room Type

Royal Beachfront One Bedroom Suite with Butler Service:-

Please can anyone tell me anything about this room category and if you have any photos I would be very grateful...................many thanks

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
117 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Room Type

I can tell you in 2 months after we stay there?

From what I've read here it faces the beach or pool. I just searched.

Level Contributor
382 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Room Type

We toured them last summer before they renovated the bathrooms. I think the plans for the new bathroom was to split the room with the living area in the front (beach side), bathroom in the middle, and bedroom on the back. We chose smb bay roc instead because the balcony/patio at src beach front is tiny. We love src so we will spend time there this summer, but want to have relaxing time on our balcony for breakfast and late night drinks in the moonlight. For a butler room on the beach I would go with smb. For a butler room on the lagoon src is awesome. Stay on a second floor if you want privacy in a lagoon suite. Either way all the rooms are nice and the butlers are wonderful. We had Hughill and Ellis and were well pampered. They are two of the best persons I have ever met.

Edited: 11 June 2012, 01:32
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Room Type

Gad-About: If you send me a Trip Advisor private message with an appropriate email address, I can send you many pics of building/room exterior (unfortunately, it's been years since we stayed in this category, and I don't have any indoor pics on my computer) AND the view (which is one of the big reasons one would book this room). Some key features to this room is you are steps from two of the small, quiet beaches, and small patio that is 10 feet from the ocean, with stunning sunsets and ocean views. Occasionally you'll see a complaint from a reviewer about the walkway between the patio (obviously only affects the ground floor) and the ocean, hence it's not completely private. As noted, these rooms are in the Butler category, so you get all that brings too.

Burlington, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Room Type

Gad, the building is #20 Balmoral. It's on the quieter side of the resort. There is a nice pool around the corner. Although, there isn't bar service. They do have drinks in coolers and fruit water in dispensers near the pool. I no longer have pics available on my computer, but understand they've been updated. Stayed prior to change and didn't think there was anything wrong with them then. I liked the living area. This way you don't have to sit on the bed.

Nismo, didn't know you were staying in these rooms. I rather like this side of the resort.

To both of you, request Ellis and Hughhill (if possible).

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Room Type

My pictures are from Jan 2011. This past January we saw a renoveated concierge room around the corner and it looked very nice. The bathrooms in that block were renoveated. What I have yet to hear is if they changed the A/c. That we were not happy with. The lagoon rooms are are larger and far nicer (we were in bldg #13 on the ground floor). We also had Ellis and Hughhill, both trips and also recommend them.

Edited: 12 June 2012, 00:58
Level Contributor
382 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Room Type

You need to know that you are never more than three minutes from the beach at src. And that is with a walker.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Room Type

@worldtex LOL! And agreed!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for St. John's
Level Contributor
335 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Room Type

Thats great, thanks every one for your help

9. Re: Sandals Royal Caribbean Room Type

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 02:41