We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Transport to RDMB from Airport

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Private Transport to RDMB from Airport

Is there a reliable company to book? We would rather not wait for bus or vans included in our package to load up. We might just get to the hotel sooner! We always notify tour guide re: our choice. We have just spent too much time on stragglers.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Transport to RDMB from Airport

Depends who you booked with. We've never waited more that 15 minutes or so. If it's include, I'd wait. The ones that seem to take a long time to fill up are the resorts further from the airport. Since RDMB is literally five minutes from the airport, transfers can go and be back at the airport in no time.

If you really don't want to wait, I'd just get a taxi at the airport.

United States
Level Contributor
10,801 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Transport to RDMB from Airport

The Royal Decameron Montego Bay is located just off the west end of the runway of the airport (great location to watch the planes as they land). The hotel is only about 1 mile from the terminal. Skip the transfer companies and take a taxi.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Transport to RDMB from Airport

I'd take a taxi. We waited an hour for our pre-paid bus, as they were waiting on other passengers from other airlines. First and last time.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,449 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Transport to RDMB from Airport

If it were me I would go to the transfer desk and ask how long? If they say your leaving right away then take the free transfer as you would for sure be the first drop with the resort being so close to the airport. If they say more then 15 min grab a cab!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
12,995 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Transport to RDMB from Airport

Marylynn has the right plan. Plus, a cab for that short a distance would be pretty minimal.

6. Re: Private Transport to RDMB from Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 10:15