We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jabs

Banbury, England...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
jabs

Hi I'm going to Jamaica first week of Sept from the UK do I need any jabs and is there any essential items to take ? Staying at HIS by the way lol. Thanks x

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
545 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: jabs

No jabs required for entry, but its just as well to make sure you are up to date with typhoid, tetanus and hepititis.

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: jabs

I am travelling from the UK in Sept, My doctor gave me Hepatitis A, Typhoid Fever, and Tetanus as precaution.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,558 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jabs

Recommended vaccinations are Hep A, Tetanus and Typhoid.

Check your travel insurance as I am sure it will state just like mine that I am not covered for any claim in the case of my failure to obtain any recommended vaccines, inocculations or medications prior to my trip. So I would check out what it says in your travel insurance.

I would contact your Dr/Practise nurse as soon as possible.

Angie.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jabs

<< I would contact your Dr/Practise nurse as soon as possible. >> Yes - if you're going first week in Sept you need the injections now. The three mentioned are the recommended NHS ones. Also check measles immunity on same visit. Many practices now have a Practice Nurse to prepare you for trips abroad.

Anything else to take? Plug converter - suitable for USA is the one for Jamaican use.

5. Re: jabs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2017, 02:40
Boston,MA
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jabs

jabs...not jobs????

Banbury, England...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: jabs

:s iv been to see a nurse and all i needed was the hep a all my others are up to date but problem is im terrified of injections and left without having it. is that one really important.

im stefans girlfriend by the way lol using his account he wouldnt b happy if people thought he was a wimp lol x

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,558 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jabs

Hi Stefans girlfriend :)

Yes Hep A is an important vaccination.......Hepatitis A is a liver disease caused by an infection with the Hepatitis A virus and also causes jaundice . People usually become infected by eating contaminated food or drinking contaminated water.

You will need to have two Hepatitis A injections – the second is a booster dose that is usually given six to 12 months after the first. It’s best to have the first injection as soon as possible but no later than two weeks before you travel. The vaccine (including the booster) can give you up to 20 years of protection.

Angie.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,979 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: jabs

Consult your doctor

10. Re: jabs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 10:18