We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay

I just got back from Jamaica. I was there twice in 2009 and must commend the Airport Authority for improved services this year. All staff, Immigration and Customs officers were much nicer, more pleasant and more professional than they were in 2009 and I appreciated this. This shows that the Management is doing a good job in the services department. I was very unhappy with my last encounters at the airport three years ago. I felt much more welcome this trip. Keep it up.

Edited: 29 July 2012, 16:44
Vista, CA
Level Contributor
749 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay

The airport has come a long ways and greatly inproved their service. We can remember when it was so small and had to walk in from the outside where the plane landed.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay

Here here...both incoming and outgoing international travelers have it so much more comfortable now compared to years past. Remember the unairconditioned immigration and customs hall for incoming passengers?

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,115 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay

I remember the non air condtioned immigration for sure! It was our first time on our honeymoon and the airport was under construction, and the line was long! I was not sure what we had gotten ourselves into, but things got much better at the resort :)

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay

I miss walking out on the runway and climbing stairs to enter a plane. But the AC is nice and it will be even better with he impending departure changes.

Vista, CA
Level Contributor
749 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay

Yes, I can remember when there was no AC. We love the shops they have in there now. Our lines wern't too long then because we were always the first plane to arrive in the am.

J B
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
429 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay

BONUS!!! It's more like other modern airports with FREE wifi AND outlets to charge mobile devices! Nice to see Sangster is catching up with modern day services! Now, I know where some of the (tourism) money has been going in Montego Bay.

Edited: 30 July 2012, 02:36
smokinggun0759
Level Contributor
27 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay

did u look at ur alrline ticket and notice that airport construction project tax ,that venezuala is not paying for that . u are we are people are. tourist are.. if u look close on ticket i saw this like last time or time before this or last year. someones thinking or devious which one.

smokinggun0759
Level Contributor
27 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay

the airport is great. but i dont even like to land in mobay again.

WI
Level Contributor
379 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay

Talk about the "old days" @ Sangster...... Does anyone remember sitting outside on the hill waiting for a departing flight????

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay

I would love to hear about that and the early days of Sangster.