We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

martha brae river rafting

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
martha brae river rafting

Looking for recent reviews or info but all seems dated. Just wondering if you can bring along beverages/snacks for the ride?

I did read you can simply ask your captain not to make any stops for shopping etc is this still true or dependant on the captain?

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
9,371 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: martha brae river rafting

It is a great journey. I'm sure you can bring snacks as you glide through the river. The only stops would be for crafts or if someone is cooking on the river bank...worth it!

This is a stressfree excursion...go and enjoy!

I suggest you also do the Glistening Waters in Falmouth after your rafting journey. You can have dinner there as well!

PEACE!

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: martha brae river rafting

Perfect Thank you! I was interested in the glistening waters also so good advise!

Fort St-John BC
Level Contributor
645 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: martha brae river rafting

The glistening water is Amazing and also good food at the restaurant, for the rafting be careful of some scam for you buying craft from a sad story, the story of his wife passed away and he has a daughter, anyway the story is not even true.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: martha brae river rafting

When we went on the Martha Brae we just told the "captain" that we didn't want to stop along the side of the river to shop. Toward the end of our ride he stopped the raft and pulled some wooden bowls out of a backpack and tried to sell them to us. We declined and that was the end of that. We DID tip him however. Don't let the little sales pitch deter you from this excursion. It was a great way to spend a couple hours.

Luminous lagoon is very cool also. One word or warning. Whatever you wear there (swimsuit and coverup) make sure it is something that you don't mind possibly getting ruined. Both my suit and coverup that I wore there have what looks like bleach spots on them. Again, don't let this deter you from going there as it is a great experience.

5. Re: martha brae river rafting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 05:17