We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall TR (Day 1)

Dana Point...
Level Contributor
258 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall TR (Day 1)

Here is the first part of my trip report to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall for a girlfiend getaway.

…blogspot.com/2012/09/jamaica-me-smile-day-1…

Hope you enjoy and feel free to ask any questions!

Patrice

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
267 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall TR (Day 1)

Do you have the names and email addresses of the hotel manager, front desk manager, and concierge? We will be at the Grand Nov. 23-Dec. 1 This is our first trip to the Grand in Jamaica having previously stayed at the IB Grand Bavaro in Punta Cana 3 times.

Do you have a map of the specific room numbers? I always request a top floor room as close to the beach. What is your opinion on building 4 vs. 5?

Do you have any info. on tennis? My husband is an avid, very good tennis player and would like to play with other guests or with the pro, as necessary like he did last year in Punta Cana.

Thanks for your input. Looking forward to reading your next installment of your trip report.

Pennsauken, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall TR (Day 1)

Hi Patrice! My husband and I are booked in this hotel in January and will be traveling along with his brother and his wife. Tell me everything!! Let me know about the restaurants, how important having reservations are and what food you enjoyed! Tell me about the beach and pools. Entertainment? What time does the hotel have evening shows? That way I know when to make dinner reservations! Thanks.

Pennsauken, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall TR (Day 1)

Hi Again Patrice! Please tell me more about the Montego Bay area. Did you take any excurtions and how safe did you feel? Did you visit Rose Hall Plantation?

Pennsauken, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall TR (Day 1)

Another question. Please tell me about the temperature of the rooms. I have read that the rooms are very warm because the airconditioner is on a motion detector and only turns on when you are in the room therefore really does not have time to cool down> Are you finding this to be true?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall TR (Day 1)

Grupomama. Building 4 is at Iberostar Suites, so you probably don't want that one! Building 5 faces west and for me is preferred as you can see sunsets from that side (if your room is high enough and close enough to the beach) and it also avoids morning sun on the balcony..I like to eat breakfast out there but not while sitting in direct sunlight. Ask for high floor high room number and that will get you a nice view and close to the beach.

rjuray: restaurant reservations are required. you generally can't get into a restaurant without a reservation. The concierge or butler can make them for you or you can email ahead of time. The shows start at I believe 10:00pm with a preshow at 9:30. An 8:00 or 8:30 dinner reservation will get you there on time.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
267 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall TR (Day 1)

I meant to ask about building 5 vs. building 6.

Thank you for your response.

Pennsauken, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall TR (Day 1)

thank you

Dana Point...
Level Contributor
258 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall TR (Day 1)

Here goes...

The email address I used for requests and dinner was:

pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm

I am a bit of a control freak so I made sure to have dinner reservations set before we left. I really don't like buffets so I wanted to make sure to get into the restaurants. We were there for 3 nights and were able to book it all in advance. I'm not sure how many nights they will reserve for you in advance if you are staying longer.

For the room, we booked ocean front which will get you in the rooms with the best view. I asked for the top floor and in a "quiet location". Asking for a quiet location I've learned typically gets me rooms at the end of a hall or on a corner.

I don't have any info on the tennis. We did a short snorkel trip and that was th only activity. I think the shows were at 10pm. The Star Friends come into the bar and try to get everyone to go so if you're in the bar, you won't miss when it's starting. We walked down to the lazy river at one of the other hotels, but it was a bit toooo lazy. We took the hotel shuttle to the shopping area but didn't do any other excursions.

The pool water was soooo cold! The beach was nice. Security kept locals and guests from the other hotels from coming on the Grand's beach. The beach was swept of seaweed each day.

I didn't have any problem with the temperature in the room, but I am one of those people who are already cold. I think the AC turned off if you had your balcony door open though so keep that closed and the shades closed while you are out of the room.

Make sure to check back for the next installments of the trip report.

9. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall TR (Day 1)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 10:17