We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Hilton? Help!

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
137 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Hilton? Help!

Posted in here a few days ago. I was going to take my family to the Ritz but based on the reviews and feedback on the forum i decided to pass. Heading to Montego Bay in mid december with my wife, 5 year old, and 6 month old. Looking for family luxury. Want a nice beach and pool and modern and nice rooms. After more research i narrowed it down to the Grand Lady, Hilton, and Round hill? Thoughts?

United States
Level Contributor
10,818 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Hilton? Help!

The Grand Palladium is located near the small town of Lucea. Lucea is located about 45 min. west of Montego Bay. The hotel has very little beach and almost all of their beach is man made. The pool, however, is very large. This is the largest resort in Jamaica with about 1100 rooms. It can be over 500 years from your room to the dining room.

Round Hill is located on the eastern edge of the town of Hopewell. It is about 11 miles west of the Montego Bay airport. If you are looking for pools then this is the place as the hotel has many of them (about 20?) mainly near the villas that dot the slopes of the hill. The beach is less than 100 yards long. This is a very quiet resort where people want to go to 'get away from it all'. Of the three resorts you list this is the only one that is not all inclusive (all food is extra) and you have no dining options near the resort.

The Hilton is in Rose Hall, about 6 miles east of the airport. It has a large pool and about 400 yards of beach. It has multiple pools and a small water park plus lots of other features.

Of the three resorts you list I would go to the Hilton.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
137 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Hilton? Help!

Thanks. Any others? Found a place called Tyral Club. Think that's the name ?

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Hilton? Help!

The Round Hill and Tryal Club are two of the best properties in Jamaica. I have been to the Round Hill and loved it. They are vastly different than the Hilton or GP.

I would go with the Round Hill. Nice beach, newly remolded rooms by Ralph Lauren, great staff and service, and lush tropical grounds.

delaware
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Hilton? Help!

I have done lots of research on our trip in November (thanksgiving week). We will be bringing our 14 y/o daughter and (then) 8 month old babes. I really like the Hilton if you are looking for an all inclusive for many reasons, alot of which you are looking for. I wouldn't want to travel to GPLH just because of the distance and having a baby. But that is just me.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Hilton? Help!

I would go with the GPLH!! We had a blast when we were there! Free kayaks, decent food, great views and not in the hustle n bustle of MoBay! Great place to be near Negril or Ochi day trips! Any more q's just ask!! Have fun Mon!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
137 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Hilton? Help!

Thanks. is this the best family place? Iberstar?

7. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Hilton? Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 13:19