We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Montego Bay

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals Montego Bay

Stayed at Sandals Whitehouse twice but going to Sandals Montego Bay in February.

1. do you need to make dinner reservations when you arrive? How about if you eat around 7pm?

2. Is there enough shade on the beach if you don't have a butler

to save you a spot? I am not opposed to getting up early to save a spot.

Thanks

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

Hi! I don't have answers to your questions as I haven't been in SMB for awhile, but I am from Rochester, NY, too, and just wanted to post. I can't believe how many people on this forum are from Rochester! We are not that big of a city, but apparently we all want to get away to Jamaica :)

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

Thanks, it's a small world and we always find some connection to rochester when we are traveling.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,009 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

We are SWH regulars and love it.

We have been to SMB twice and did enjoy our experience. We never had trouble with getting in for dinner, but we usually dine at 6 or 6:30 PM. If you have the option to reserve, just do it and then there's no worry. There isn't as many spots at SMB as the WH, but we generally got a spot. Have fun.

Vista, CA
Level Contributor
749 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

You'll be able to find plenty of shade and yes I would make your dinner reservations when you arrive. We just returned from there on Sept. 28 for our 23rd time.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

Just to chime in we're from Rochester NY too! BSB Girl and ourselves are regular contributors here...Sounds like you aren't staying with a Butler at Mo' Bay, so making your reservations for dinner as soon as you arrive is recommended. We usually stay at SRC so I can't comment on shade on the Mo' Bay.

Level Contributor
382 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

If it is full you will need to go to the end of the beach under the almond trees. The palapas are all butler except one so they can say they are not all taken by butlers. There aren't enough for all the butler guests.

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

Make your reservations as soon as you can after arriving and don't forget to take advantage of the play at 3 exchange program that allows you access to even more restaurants and bars at nearby SRC and SCI! For SRC I highly recommend trying Le Jardier, its very romantic and delicious with white glove service & a nice menu to choose from.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,009 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

We liked Le Jardier too. If you like Tai food, have dinner on the island at SRC.

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

when we stayed my husband and I were not interested in the royal tai but once we saw the atmosphere of it over on the private island we regretted not booking it because it was available upon booking. Now that they have lobster on the menu I could definitely try it out lol. Lobster is my ultimate favorite food!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,009 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Montego Bay

Lobster is always a good reason to go to any restaurant! Yes, it is very nice out on the island at night.