We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Beach Resort and Water Park

new england
Level Contributor
407 posts
Save Topic
Sunset Beach Resort and Water Park

Was wondering how many rooms are in this hotel, how many pools and is there a swim-up bar, how many resturants are in this hotel, how is the beach is there a nice beach, how far is the airport from this hotel??? Also is there topless at the pools and beach??

United States
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Water Park

Rooms: a bit over 400

Pools: 3

Swim-up bar: yes

Resturants: 4

Airport: about 5 miles by road

One section of the beach is clothing optional (topless and bottomless)

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Water Park

There is a regular beach, topless beach and a nude beach (NOT Clothing Optional).

Waterpark with a lazy river and 2 slides.

We've been there 4 times, PM if you need more info.

AL
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Water Park

We've been twice and topless is not common on the beach but you will see it a bit. The nude beach was pretty empty...

It's very close to the airport. That's about the best thing I say about the place.

Hazleton...
Level Contributor
243 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Water Park

There is 430 rooms. There is a water park pool, a main pool with volley ball net and a swim up bar pool. There is the buffet which is open every night except for beach party nights, italian, asian, caribbean and beach grill. The beach is beautiful and well kept. I would suggest water shoes as I have stepped on urchins twice and it is quite painful. Every morning it is raked and cleaned. Plenty of space to relax. Snorkeling is great if you are interested. The airport is about 15 minutes. There is a topless beach and a nude beach that is private. It is guarded. I do not believe you can go topless at any of the pools. Let me know if you have any more questions. We are heading back in a few weeks for our 8th time.

5. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Water Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 17:57
Edited: 25 December 2012, 17:57
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Water Park

This beach is beautiful???? One of the biggest things I was disappointed in was the beach. It was hard sand and rocky. You had to look down every step you took in order not to step on a hard rock. Doc cave beach is beautiful, negril beach is beautiful.this beach no......I have been to many resorts and would not return to this one. Go ahead and read my review. It is a very fair review from someone who has been to Jamaica many times.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Water Park

For the money, the place is a great deal. We've been here several times. It's 3 stars, not 5. They have Appleton Rum, lamb chops at the specialty restaurant done to perfection. Nothing wrong with this place, the people are great, the beach is next to 5 star Secrets, same sand, same water, same fish. It is what you make it. I would return with no problem.

Hazleton...
Level Contributor
243 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Water Park

Yes, the beach is beautiful. We have been to ocho rios and negril. Will continue coming back to SSB. Cant wait to go back in January with our new addition our baby boy. You wil not be disappointed. Pm me if you need any questions answered. Read my review about SSB.

Edited: 27 December 2012, 03:01
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Water Park

You do get what you pay for. For the price I paid I really should not complain as it was cheap cheap cheap.

new york
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunset Beach Resort and Water Park

MikeT and jumpmanmj! I think we should create "SSB advocates club"... or does it already exist under a different name "Sunsetters club" :) As mentioned in my other post - few weeks ago we returned from our 9th SSB trip and attended huge returning guests party or as they said (and I really believe them): "The biggest returning guests party on the Island of Jamaica". There were more than 170 people in attendance!!! Price alone can't drive people to spend a vacation in a place they don't really like.