We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel suggestions please

PA
Level Contributor
806 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotel suggestions please

going to be there Jan 31 for 4 days my husband and I 45ish. Would like to be no farther away from the airport then a hr. Would like a nice beach and water mid price AI resort Thanks

United States
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel suggestions please

See the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c182778/Jamai…

to specify more requirements.

"no farther away from the airport then a hr."

This means you probably want a resort in Montego Bay or Falmouth. Negril and Ocho Rios are over one hour from the airport.

"nice beach"

Montego Bay hotels are not known for having the best beaches on the island.

"mid price AI resort"

Is that (not including air): $US100 per day per person?, $US200 per day per person?, $US300 per day per person?, or some other dollar value?

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel suggestions please

Look at Royal Decameron Montego Bay or the RIU Montego Bay to start.

PA
Level Contributor
806 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel suggestions please

300 a night not more what's the closest resort in negril that's Al

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel suggestions please

Last time we stayed at Couples Swept Away in Negril I looked at my watch and timed the ride to the front door at the airport. It took one hour and fifteen minutes. For me it is worth the ride for the beach. If beach is not a deal breaker then stay in MoBay. There are some nice places there but the beach cant compare. I might ad it is all a coastal drive, very pretty and goes fast!

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel suggestions please

You might want to check out Grand Pineapple in Negril --- it is a very quaint AI on a great location on 7-mile beach in Negril for under $300 a night.

United States
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel suggestions please

In Jamaica, Feb. is 'high season' (read highest prices of the year) so finding an all inclusive resort at $US300 per night for two people is hard. If you want to stay within 1 hr. of the airport then the first choice is the Royal Decameron Montego Bay which is just off the end of the airport runway. Two second choices would be Holiday Inn and Coyaba Beach Resort, both of which are probably just slightly over $US300 a night for the dates you are looking at and are less than 10 miles from the airport.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
344 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel suggestions please

In case you are not aware of the Grand Palladium Resort, it is located about a 45 minute drive west of the Montego Bay airport. Newer resort divided into two sections (1) Jamaica and (2) Lady Hamilton but there is not much difference between them. Prices are reasonable. For a 4 day stay, this resort may be what you are looking for. There is one nice beach. Not much right outside the resort if you want to shop; you would have to take a drive into Montego Bay or stop while commuting to or from the airport.

If you don't mind the longer drive to Negril, it is well worth it.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel suggestions please

I would expect a lot of places will be full at this point for that period so it may come down to what you can find.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel suggestions please

Vinnie, Coyaba is way more expensive than they want to spend. Also Rob and Cathy are right that many of the resort will be booked. RDMB and HI are both available.

10. Re: hotel suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 21:17