We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi/Transportation

ontario
3 posts
Save Topic
Taxi/Transportation

My husband and I are travelling to Secrets Wild Orchid in a couple of weeks and I was looking for some recommendations on particular taxi drivers or companies people have used. We are looking for reasonable prices -- but more importantly, trustworthy people to help us explore some of the island. We don't have any set plans yet, but I want to get some names before we go. Thanks in advance.

United States
Level Contributor
11,501 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi/Transportation

For a long list of transfer operators click on 'private drivers or taxies' at the upper right of this page. Secrets is only about 4 miles from the airport terminal and I would just go to the taxi line at the airport and take the next cab for the ride to the hotel (I assume that transfers are not included in your tour package).

ontario
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi/Transportation

Thanks for your response.... actually I am not looking for transportation from the airport -- I am thinking once we are on the resort and looking to get a taxi to take us places.... and not be overcharged or left stranded. I know that people have commented previously in their reiviews but I can't find them....

Any help is appreciated.

United States
Level Contributor
11,501 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi/Transportation

The link in the upper right of this page is what you are looking for. It has over 180 comments on drivers and tour operators.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,135 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi/Transportation

Lovevacations, look thru The List as thevinnie mentioned. All of these drivers are ones that have been used by and recommended by other TA regulars.

ontario
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi/Transportation

Thanks !

Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi/Transportation

Lovevacations, we are going to be at St James in 2 weeks today and are looking for someone to take us out to the falls and Negril, I am going to research some as well, but let me know which company you are thinking of...

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi/Transportation

Joe Cool Taxi and Tours. Great guy, great prices.

http://joecooltaxiandtoursjamaica.com/

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,135 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi/Transportation

Annie75, what we usually do is pick 3 or 4 drivers from The List and send out an e-mail request for a quote. They are good about getting back to you. Just give all the information about your needs. And as always, finalize a cost before going.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi/Transportation

We did an all day tour of YS Falls, Pelican Bar, 7 mile beach and Negril. It was a 12 hour day, but well worth it. So much to see on the trip!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,135 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi/Transportation

Mike T, that is an excellent trip, and yes, a very long day.

Seven Mile Beach and the Pelican Bar are super and could make for a nice day in itself.