We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
smoking

is there smoking rooms, and areas at royal decameron beach. in montego bay

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smoking

I believe the rooms are non smoking now (not 100% sure though). But you can smoke on the balcony. And there are areas around the resort where you can smoke with no problem.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoking

Yes, the rooms are all non smoking.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smoking

Just curious, is it enforced? I know on our last trip (May 2011) I thought the rooms were supposed to be non smoking then as well. But we asked house keeping for an ashtray and one was brought to us. And no one ever said a thing. There were area in the dining room that were non- smoking as well, but not the whole dining room area. Has this changed? It won't matter to me, but I've got to get my other half prepared if so...

Texas
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smoking

Don, all rooms are non-smoking but they will bring an ashtray which is suppose to used on the patio/balcony. I guess you could light up in the room but housekeeping would smell it when they came in. I'm not sure what they would do about it.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smoking

They didn't do anything about it and my girlfriend smoked the whole time. She even asked and they said it wouldn't be a problem. Granted this was 2011 so I don't know how strict they've gotten since then.

And there is enough other stuff smoked in those rooms, what's a little cigarette smoke on top of everything else?

6. Re: smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 06:19