We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirTran - luggage and departing tax questions

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
938 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
AirTran - luggage and departing tax questions

I take a non-stop flight from Baltimore airport. I take with me always one backpack which I do not want to check in. Also I have professional camera bag(not huge). Is it okey to bring 2 items of luggage on a board? Just ask, because in Europe, when you fly on discounters you are obligated to bring only one bag on a board.

Also, does AirTran company pay our departing taxes?

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AirTran - luggage and departing tax questions

You are allowed (1) carry on bag and (1) personal item. (1) must fit in the overhead, the other under the seat in front of you.

Yes, the tax is included in your ticket price.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
938 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AirTran - luggage and departing tax questions

Mike T,

thank you so much!!

I read that we have to pay departing tax when leave Jamaica and not all air companies pay tax. It is about 27$

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AirTran - luggage and departing tax questions

We use them each trip, never had to pay anything outside of the ticket charges. If you look how they break it down each way, the return trip ticket price is higher, so I assume that is the difference.

Edited: 16 January 2013, 16:40
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
938 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AirTran - luggage and departing tax questions

Mike T, thank you again!

Do they feed you on board? Hot tea, coffee?

We go to Jamaica the first time and never got tickets from AirTran before

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AirTran - luggage and departing tax questions

Food, no other than a cookie perhaps. Beverages, yes, no charge except for alcohol.

Mechanicsburg...
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AirTran - luggage and departing tax questions

We stayed at Sandals and Secrets, and flew AirTran from BWI both times. Never had to worry about the departure tax, but I assumed that it was part of the whole resort/air package. I'm thinking that the airline doesn't pay it/

7. Re: AirTran - luggage and departing tax questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2014, 06:18