We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doctors Cave Beach

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
13 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Doctors Cave Beach

We are traveling to MB at the end of April. Our resort has beach with shallow water. I have been researching and this beach seems to be the best in MB. When are cruise ships in MB? I read that it is the most crowded on specific days bc of cruise ships...would like to know what days if anyone has info.....when is the best time of the day to go? I am concerned about my valuables..money, camera...do they have lockers or does anyone have suggestions.. Does anyone know the average rate for a taxi from Holiday Inn Sunspree to Doctor's Cave? I would like to make a day of it down on the Hip Strip...recommendations welcome :)

Montego Bay
Level Contributor
962 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

I'm at this beach several times a week..it's by far my favorite. :)

It can be busy when the ships are in, but it's still enjoyable. When we go, we go all day. We hang out in the water, eat some food and sometimes walk the strip.

This beach has nice bathrooms and showers. Well worth the visit and the $5 admission. You can leave your belonging on the sand while swimming, no one will mess with them. Just use common sense and don't leave your camera out in plain view.

I can't answer your question about the taxi because I haven't taken a taxi in years..but it's cheap..make sure you get the price up front before you get in the car.

2. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 19:05
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
13 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

Thank you for the info!!! I am trying to plan ahead...last time we were in MB we went on excursions..this time we are going for a short period of time. I have been researching and this beach seems absolutely beautiful. Their website does not have much information. What kind of water rentals are available there? Thanks again for the info!!!

4. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 16:52
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

Just spent several days at Doctors Cave Beach earlier in January. The admission price is now $6.00 USD or $500 JMD, as are most of the rentals. There are rentals of chaise lounges, chairs, towels, snorkel gear, and floating mattresses. Cruise ships are in Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. If you go any of those days I would suggest getting there early so that you can pick the spot you want. It is safe to leave your valuables in your beach bag at your spot.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
13 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

Thank you for the info! Counting the days!

7. Re: Doctors Cave Beach

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 06:20