We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at Round Hill

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Beach at Round Hill

I'm wondering what the beach is like at Round Hill. I am looking for a lovely spacious beach with that beautiful turquoise water. along with beach chairs and umbrellas and not overly packed with chairs on top of each other and no loud music blaring....

I can't get a sense of the beach at all from the photos. Also, is the beach near the infinity pool?

Would love to hear people's experience of the beach.

Thanks.

United States
Level Contributor
11,072 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at Round Hill

"I'm wondering what the beach is like at Round Hill. I am looking for a lovely spacious beach"

I consider the resort short on beach considering the size of the hotel. The beach is a small cove at the bottom of the hill. I would not describe it as 'spacious' unless the hotel is almost empty. Many of the hotel units, however, come with a pool.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at Round Hill

The infinity pool overlooks the beach. It is on a slightly elevated hill. The views from the pool and beach are outstanding. It might be the only pool in Jamaica that I really ever spent any time in. Maybe 20 yards from the pool via steps. The beach is somewhat small in size, more of a cove, versus a long straight beach.

There is a some very good snorkeling that you can do right off the beach. While we liked the beach and the Round Hill, I would not call the beach lovely or having beautiful water. I would call it very nice.

We were there in May 2011, and it was not crowded. There is certainly no loud music. Its a very elegant, casual, laid back sort of vibe.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at Round Hill

Vinnie, a slight correction. The villa units have the pools.

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
672 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach at Round Hill

As I see your postings, I am hoping you can help me with a stay for 5 women celebrating big birthdays in July2013.

Would like to stay in a hip area, as we are only 40.

Maybe all inclusive, or what would you suggest

Thanks

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach at Round Hill

If you are looking for higher end in Mo Bay and AI, I would recommend the Iberostar Grand. It is a 15 minute cab ride from the airport and Hip Strip. There really are no higher end properties on the Hip Strip. I think five ladies would really like the Grand.

The Grand is adults only, great food, nice beach, spa, disco. We are going back to the Grand next week.

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
672 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach at Round Hill

thank you

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
672 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach at Round Hill

Cebakes

Thanks for the info, Do you have another property not so pricey, but I would think July should be less expensive.

Thank You

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach at Round Hill

Do you want three, four or five star?? If the ladies are not picky, and looking for sun and fun at a moderate price, I would look at the Royal Decameron.

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
672 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach at Round Hill

Thanks for the info. wil speak to the rest of them and will let you know, we are so up in the air. I do appreciate your help

10. Re: Beach at Round Hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 05:19